C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

c55 oil consumption?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 10:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series, 2022 BMW X3 M40i
For me, every time I am in the range of 1000 to 2000 miles away from Service A or B, the "Add 1 qt. Oil" message goes on. Seems fairly normal and I always use 0w40.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:07 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update: I received a call from the main tech stating that he will boroscope the motor and let me know. They've had it for over a week now. He apologized that they did not follow the correct procedure the 5 other times I've brought it in for this issue! Seemed like a nice guy. We'll see. The car was running great went for a drive then it stuttered like a stuck pig and thew a CEL. I pulled over restarted it and it was fine thereafter with CEL still. He stated it had multiple misfire codes....
Old 10-28-2008, 01:27 AM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I am now official pissed out of my mind. I received a call from the service writer while at work informing me that the oil consumption was within spec. Do you know how they verified it? By driving my car 300 miles without my consent or giving me any notice of it. I AM ENRAGED. Then I ask to speak with a service manager regarding the "within spec measurements". They state they did a boroscope of the engine and valves and found nothing. They state they did a compression check and it was on the high end. They then did the "drive" and verified that it was within tolerance as their tolerance is .52l per 1k miles. WTF.

Anyone who has undergone this problem HELP. I refuse to pick up my car and am enraged with this treatment. I specifically don't even valet the car let alone have some idiot drive it for 300 miles and then have the guy arguing with me that it's ok, and that in fact they don't even get paid for it! BullSh*t.

This makes me want to jump the AMG ship back to Porsche and never look back. HELP.