C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

MB trying to you-know-what-me in repair of air distribution flaps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32, 2011 VW GTI
MB trying to you-know-what-me in repair of air distribution flaps

As I said in another thread, my '02 C32 makes a loud "clicking" sound when you first start it. It clicks about 10 times and stops. A couple of posters pegged it as the gearing or arm on one of motors that controls flaps for air distribution and indicated they had the same problem. That's what the dealer said also.

The car was in today but MB refused to cover it under the car's CPO warranty. The dealer told me it will cost $800 to fix. The car has a MB CPO limited warranty, not some aftermarket job. This warranty, per MB USA's website, covers "electrical system" and "climate control system." This would seem to fall under one or both of these categories. Another poster, Lagunatic, said his was fixed under warranty, which makes sense, the way I'm reading the W anyway.

I told the dealer that there must have been some mistake and to re-submit the claim. They will do that. Meanwhile, has anyone had any problems with MB in getting this problem fixed? This air flap system seems to be a common C32 issue. And it's complete BS that I should have to pay for this on a 35k mile car. I mean, wear and trim items, I understand. Items I break myself, I understand. But this is something which appears to happen frequently on these cars and is completely beyond my control. It's a warranty item in my mind. Thanks guys!
Old 09-15-2007, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32, 2011 VW GTI
To give an update, after much back and forth, MB agreed to cover this under warranty. It is a "climate control system" issue and there's little argument they can make against fixing it, other than it's expensive. MB may not be happy about fixing this defect but it is what it is. So if anyone with a CPO warranty suffers this issue, insist that they pay for it.