Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 C32 AMG
Stock C32 Suspension Questions

Hello guys,

Im looking to upgrade the suspension on my C32 and lower the stance a bit.. i was wondering if it would be advisable to use lowering springs on the stock shocks? anyone have insight on the type of suspension and shocks that are come in the c32 amg? the car handles great stock it is very precise and comfortable i do not want to ruin that but i think the front is too high.

please provide feedback if you have experience upgrading the c32 suspension.

Thanks in advance
JR
Old 10-16-2007, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by projekt_C32
Hello guys,

Im looking to upgrade the suspension on my C32 and lower the stance a bit.. i was wondering if it would be advisable to use lowering springs on the stock shocks? anyone have insight on the type of suspension and shocks that are come in the c32 amg? the car handles great stock it is very precise and comfortable i do not want to ruin that but i think the front is too high.

please provide feedback if you have experience upgrading the c32 suspension.

Thanks in advance
JR
I've got stock shocks on H&R Sport springs. No complaints. If you've got more than 60,000 miles on the car, I would replace the shocks since the labor for springs overlaps quite a bit, and you'll be doing shocks soon anyway.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Welcome to the forums. I would advise using the search button first, as your questions will all be answered there.

My personal experience has been with coilovers and lowering springs. I enjoyed the coilovers, but felt they were not needed. I went with TEIN springs on the stock shocks, and love the way the car handles and looks.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Almost a Member!

03 C32 AMG
Very Nice! do you have more pictures of your set up? did you use spring pads on the rear so that it doesnt tuck? i noticed that the C32 rear fender goes lower on the rear and it has a smaller wheel gap than the front.. i do not like that tucked look on the rear.. how much did the springs lower ?

Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
I've got stock shocks on H&R Sport springs. No complaints. If you've got more than 60,000 miles on the car, I would replace the shocks since the labor for springs overlaps quite a bit, and you'll be doing shocks soon anyway.