Arm rest problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Arm rest problem

I was cleaning my vehicle and decided to go over the center arm rest with a damp rag and the leather became sticky and it started pealing. I'm not exactly sure what exactly is wrong with the arm rest and I was definitely not expecting that. Has anyone else had a similar experience with their arm rest in their c32, I've head the stories about the arm rest in the c55, but I'm sure the c32 has a different arm rest than the c55. I still have a starmarked warranty so do you think that they will cover that? The arm rest is starting to look dull and warn and it really sucks to have my arm stick to it on a muggy day. I also seem have a speaker blown out in the rear passenger area and was wondering if they would take care of that problem under the starmarked warranty.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
a lot of W203s have that problem...most of them replaced under warranty.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
I don't live in a high humidity area like you but have had the same experience with regards to the sticky arm rest. My dress shirts will peel off when I have had my elbow there for a few minutes.

With regards to the wipe down, I had a similar scare when I used a damp rag to remove the layer of gook that had built up over the years. I thought I had lost the arm rest. It did dry out but I did not see it peel off, luckily. I have heard stories of this and I believe it is NOT covered by warranty. It is considered a wear item, unless you get a great SA that can spin the defect with MBUSA for you.

Good luck.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RENNtech C32 AMG
When I clean mine it will feel kinda sticky, untill it dries. I like everything to have a soft matt finish like when it was brand new ( NEVER ARMOR ALL ) I HATE the stuff, it discolors it's finish as it ages. My armrest has never "peeled" however it seems like it will rub off if I clean it aggressively. On a hot day, any vinyl can seem sticky.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
I guess I'm going to have to try my luck with the stealership. Last time I went they had done all the work under warranty, but the day after I got it back the back seat cover of the driver's seat was falling off. I took it back to them and they took no responsibility for it and charged me $50 to replace a clip and put the seat cover back on. I just haven't had good luck with STAR MOTORS. I guess it's time to try a new place.