Changing the fuel mapping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 08:43 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Changing the fuel mapping

I have seen posts where people talked about changing the fuel mapping to "high performance" or 93 octane, etc.

I had seen one site that has screen shots of a MB computer changing a similar setting but not the exact setting.

Does anyone know the exact menu prompts I can tell the dealer to check?

When I asked the dealer service guy (suit at the desk) said MB sets the car up based on the destination and that it should be correctly configured.

thanks.
Old 11-11-2002, 05:57 PM
rrf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DAS settings

A very simple question that is somewhat difficult to answer.
I see nobody wanted to reply.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=12896

Read the whole thread. Plenty of confusion.
But page three has the screenshots you want.
You are probably set to "base".
As far as I know "base" is a "catch-all" low Octane setting, NOT optimized for the gas you can use, or your locale.
Your service advisor is probably speaking about something he neither knows or understands, talk to a tech.

Performance: most folks agree that you should run the best gas you can get in your area, 93 or 95.

All that said, in California we only can get 91.
But my MBZ tech told me that ALL of the MBZ techs at the his local dealership used a 93 setting on their PERSONAL California cars.
Not one of them run on BASE.

So make your choice. Based on the differing sets of advice, who do you choose to believe? I think I believe the tech that runs his car set to 93.
Old 11-17-2002, 05:29 PM

2002 C32
Aside from the fuel that was in the car when it was delivered, I use 94 octane since this is available, but not always convenient to find in my area.

If I ask the MB tech to change the fuel mapping, would there be any adverse effects for those times when 94 octane would not be available?
Old 11-18-2002, 06:45 PM

2002 C32 AMG Orion Blue Charcoal/Blue
I know a few people on this and other boards had an e-mail address for someone at AMG in Germany. I would love to see what AMG has to say about it.

My car was changed from the stock "base" to 93 and I seemed to feel a little better throttle response. I definitely think a dyno run comparing the two would be the way to see the effect, if any. My tech said the base is a catch all that adapts to different octane but he wasn't sure if 93 would be more aggressive than base would be with good gas. He told me to make sure I never have anything less than 93 in the tank using that setting.

The fact rrf posted about all the MBZ techs using the 93 setting is encouraging. Someone must know the definitive answer on this question.