C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

feeling the transmission acting up on my C55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55 AMG
feeling the transmission acting up on my C55?

Hey guys what's going on i bought a brand new C55 just a few months ago, and i just wanted to mention this to see if any one experienced this problem but my self i herd its a common problem.

just the other day i woke up in the mooring to go to work and noticed a pink fluid like under the car more to the right side (passenger side) and than started the car and her just a little raddlein nose that sounds like its coming from the motor.

rite b-4 that happen a few days ago i felt the transmission action up just a bit and the car was not acting like it self, i made an appt with Mercedes and its on Monday so i will know the solution but i would like to hear from the experts there self. you guys thanks guys your insight please. -ravi

the car has only 5000 miles
Old 12-08-2007, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 Blk/Blk
take it to the dealer and let them lend you a courtesy Benz while they fix your car that I'm sure has warranty
Old 12-08-2007, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 315 Likes on 232 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by BLACKROOF C55
Hey guys what's going on i bought a brand new C55 just a few months ago, and i just wanted to mention this to see if any one experienced this problem but my self i herd its a common problem.

just the other day i woke up in the mooring to go to work and noticed a pink fluid like under the car more to the right side (passenger side) and than started the car and her just a little raddlein nose that sounds like its coming from the motor.

rite b-4 that happen a few days ago i felt the transmission action up just a bit and the car was not acting like it self, i made an appt with Mercedes and its on Monday so i will know the solution but i would like to hear from the experts there self. you guys thanks guys your insight please. -ravi

the car has only 5000 miles
Probably the o-ring for the transmission electrical connector. If you're lucky, you won't have lost enough fluid to do permanent damage. If you did, you'll need a new transmission but it should be on warranty since that seal failure is a well-documented problem.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts
2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2005 C55; 2003 360 Modena
pink fluid like under the car more to the right side (passenger side)
As was mentioned above - MB dealers know of the seal update and it is an easy fix. It is highly unlikely that you lost enough fluid to do any damage. The bad seal is a weeping problem at best.

and than started the car and her just a little raddlein nose that sounds like its coming from the motor.
The rattling noise is also well known on these engines and is completely normal.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:48 AM

C55 AMG
thanks for your insight guys i did make the appt and ever since this problem happend i did not drive the car. the dealership is about 12 miles away from my house, in the worse case sanerio just say if most of the oil was to be lost you think it would be a problem to drive or should i have it towed? what do you guys think?
Old 12-09-2007, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C350 6M
thanks for your insight guys i did make the appt and ever since this problem happend i did not drive the car. the dealership is about 12 miles away from my house, in the worse case sanerio just say if most of the oil was to be lost you think it would be a problem to drive or should i have it towed? what do you guys think?
I'm curious you said you "JUST" bought a NEW (last year being 2006) C-55. Did you get a killer deal over the $59k + MSRP?
Old 12-09-2007, 01:09 PM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by blown93lx
I'm curious you said you "JUST" bought a NEW (last year being 2006) C-55. Did you get a killer deal over the $59k + MSRP?

yup i got a deal on the car it was sittin in the show room untouched i gave them an offer 51,500 b-4 taxes and they took it. and that was like in August 2007. not bad i think