C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Get an alignment - well worth it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C55
Get an alignment - well worth it

I wrote before on how I didn't like my stock Pirelli's, reason: the fronts would hum, shimmy at more of the higher speeds. After switching over to a set of Michelin Alpin (winter tires), I noticed a huge improvement, very smooth ride. The Pirelli's in the front, with only 15K miles on them are basically shot, unevenly worn and cracks in the grooves. After a few thousand miles on my winter tires, I noticed the similar, yet subtle, vibration pattern and decided to get the car aligned. I didn't think it needed it but wanted to have it checked anyway. While it was in the shop, they noticed a leak in the power steering reservoir, they drained the system, replaced the res, did an alignment and while doing the alignment, they saw cracked bushings! Ok, all this at 18K miles? Come on MB... Perhaps all that vibration caused havoc on the other working parts? After picking up the car and paying them $89.50 for the alignment, driving the car is now even more enjoyable than before. All shimmy, shakes at higher speeds are now gone. Smooth as butter. Well worth it. Now all I have to do is keep her in the speed limits. If I left it the way it was, my snows would have had the same fate as the Pirelli's. Just goes to show how sensitive these cars are, sum of all working parts equals driving happiness.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 SP / Honda Crosstour / prior vehicles - C32 modded / C300 modded / Lincoln LS modded
62k miles

Wait until 62k miles on the car. Just replaced Control Arms and Bushings Again. This time out of warranty. Car feels so much more responsive again. The parts are different designs now from the originals. Seems M.B. learns as they go along. Hopefully the new C Class is test as thouroly as they say it is.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:42 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by evanswan
Wait until 62k miles on the car. Just replaced Control Arms and Bushings Again. This time out of warranty. Car feels so much more responsive again. The parts are different designs now from the originals. Seems M.B. learns as they go along. Hopefully the new C Class is test as thouroly as they say it is.
Interesting. Wondering what year yours is? And you said "again". So this is not the first time?
Old 12-26-2007, 11:01 PM

2010 E350 SP / Honda Crosstour / prior vehicles - C32 modded / C300 modded / Lincoln LS modded
c32

Its a 2003. Dealer replaced around 36k.