C32 Schrick Cams

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:24 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
I thought you were using LET headers, after losing power with the Evo ones...?
Erick has used Evo and LET Headers. The TT project has kept me from swapping headers over to LET, but I guess I should.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RENNtech C32 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
Here is how my exhaust system looks.

Evo Headers --- 100 Cell Racing cats --- Magnaflow Y- pipe --- Bottle Resonator --- C32 Muffler
Have you replaced both primary and secondary cats? Also, what is considered a Y-pipe for the C32? Is the Magnaflow Y-pipe replacing the secondary cats? One more question, has anybody had experience with the Pace Setter Cat, or Magnaflow Cat? Do you guys like the Stainless Steel Cat vs a Ceramic?
Old 01-14-2008, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by calimax
Have you replaced both primary and secondary cats? Also, what is considered a Y-pipe for the C32? Is the Magnaflow Y-pipe replacing the secondary cats? One more question, has anybody had experience with the Pace Setter Cat, or Magnaflow Cat? Do you guys like the Stainless Steel Cat vs a Ceramic?
I can answer one....he did rid of one set of cats just don't recall which ones.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:24 AM

RENNtech C32 AMG
More than likely the secondary cats, the primary ones have the o2 sensors in them.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:32 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
I have 100 Cell Random Tech cats as my primaries. I deleted the secondaries and haven't looked back. The Y-Pipe is in front of where the resonator used to be and goes from dual 2 1/4" to single 3".
Old 01-14-2008, 05:38 PM

RENNtech C32 AMG
gotcha, Thanks!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
I have 100 Cell Random Tech cats as my primaries. I deleted the secondaries and haven't looked back. The Y-Pipe is in front of where the resonator used to be and goes from dual 2 1/4" to single 3".
any CEL problems?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:01 PM

2002 SLK 32 AMG
with the 100 cell cats does your cel come on? wat is the purpose of the y-pipe? did you go with whole new piping after the headers or do you just use the stock mid and just cut out the stock cats and welded the new ones? and also do you have pics of your exhuast setup? i'm trying to upgrade my exhuast system too.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:33 AM

RENNtech C32 AMG
Originally Posted by amgstyle
with the 100 cell cats does your cel come on? wat is the purpose of the y-pipe? did you go with whole new piping after the headers or do you just use the stock mid and just cut out the stock cats and welded the new ones? and also do you have pics of your exhuast setup? i'm trying to upgrade my exhuast system too.
The purpose of the Y-pipe, is to replace the secondary cats and bring a whole new pipe down to the resonator. The resonator had been cut out and a new pipe welded in place. From the pic's I've seen, the Magnaflow Y-pipe, is kind of short, so some extra welding looks required. As far as his pipes, I would think past the headers, it's just a new flange to connect the 100 cell high flow cat to them and another to hook up the Y-pipe. Jerry, I hope you didn't mind me answering for ya? Was I correct on the setup?
Old 01-16-2008, 06:02 AM

2002 SLK 32 AMG
The purpose of the Y-pipe, is to replace the secondary cats and bring a whole new pipe down to the resonator. The resonator had been cut out and a new pipe welded in place. From the pic's I've seen, the Magnaflow Y-pipe, is kind of short, so some extra welding looks required. As far as his pipes, I would think past the headers, it's just a new flange to connect the 100 cell high flow cat to them and another to hook up the Y-pipe. Jerry, I hope you didn't mind me answering for ya? Was I correct on the setup?
thanks for the reply. are there pics of the set up and exactly where is the y-pipe put in where the stock resonator was or there the secondary cats were?? thanks again.