C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Hello

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
Yeah but I trust MB more than Eurocarphone Heck they've been promising a MOST COMAND solution for a LONG TIME!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by slowrey
Yeah but I trust MB more than Eurocarphone Heck they've been promising a MOST COMAND solution for a LONG TIME!
I seriously doubt MB makes them...most likely there is a vendor they get it from and are probably making 1 to 2 times what they paid....there is always a solution out there if one is not rushed like I or many were. The price you and I paid we can get an upgraded aftermarket DVD Nav with bluetooth and DVD playback on a 7" screen and 30 gig hard drive with same fit and finish. If he buys a C55 he can just install one instead of buy one with the Very outdated non-touch screen version. I had the pleasure of owning a newer car with a DVD Nav with bluetooth and touchscreen and boy what a huge difference.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:30 PM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
Originally Posted by c32used
I seriously doubt MB makes them...most likely there is a vendor they get it from and are probably making 1 to 2 times what they paid....there is always a solution out there if one is not rushed like I or many were. The price you and I paid we can get an upgraded aftermarket DVD Nav with bluetooth and DVD playback on a 7" screen and 30 gig hard drive with same fit and finish. If he buys a C55 he can just install one instead of buy one with the Very outdated non-touch screen version. I had the pleasure of owning a newer car with a DVD Nav with bluetooth and touchscreen and boy what a huge difference.
But of course MB doesn't make them however mine is covered under warranty which I prefer. Also I like integrated look rather than having to replace the front head unit, buy amps, speakers, etc. I used to compete in IASCA and USAC however I'm getting where I like things stock to a point that it's all covered under warranty.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 EVO 8 612whp(sold) 2005 c55 amg R35 GTR
I see what your saying about the aftermaket navi.
Will I be able to install one in a c55 with out navi from factory?
from the looks of the dash it seems like i need a whole dash kit.
Is that some thing I can buy?
Old 01-15-2008, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by AMGMIZ
I don't see a reason why not the kits for install are modified by installer to fit...I presume MB makes the same space available for all C55 to save money in having to pay for two different ways to have single or double din radios...AMG-Jerry and JGSX upgraded from OEM Nav or none to a Pioneer Avic D3 and Z2 but had to replace all OEM speakers and added an amp...but none said they had to replace the dash kit at all and my research hasn't yielded that my dash has to be replaced and the installers I have spoken to didn't say I had to either.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by slowrey
But of course MB doesn't make them however mine is covered under warranty which I prefer. Also I like integrated look rather than having to replace the front head unit, buy amps, speakers, etc. I used to compete in IASCA and USAC however I'm getting where I like things stock to a point that it's all covered under warranty.

True...honestly I prefer the OEM look then mostly anything else. Also its even nicer that if something goes wrong with MB installed and sold products if they fail warranty will most likely cover that.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C55
...In the market for a c55 AMG or a new ISF lexus.
What are the difference between a 2005 and 2006 c55?
How good is the factory navi? Does it have bluetooth?
looking for red or white under 20k miles are they hard to find?
Thanks
The ISF is a car I'm going to look at. Obviously its a new car and a used C55 will be much less. I agree with what was said earlier in that the C55 is a real value for the money, it is indeed a wonderful ride.

As for finding a red one, I know there was one listed on autotrader with really low miles for the longest time. I think silver looks the best on this car because it really shows the lines well. I have black and love it because the car looks just as sexy when its dirty. I was lucky to find mine with 14k miles, pretty much like new.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
If the IS-F is in your sights things like bluetooth,7" DVD based touchscreen Nav, Brembo designed brakes 6 pistons front and 2 piston rear, 8 speed manumatic w/ paddle shifters, 19" BBS wheels, carbon fiber interior, unique design and 50+ more hp V8 go to

http://www.lexus.com/isf/index.html?=technology

and be ready to be impressed!

at a 25% loss we are looking at 312 rwhp and 278 rwtq so imagine a TT/SC setup

Last edited by c32used; 01-15-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:57 PM

2005 C55 AMG
That's the first I've looked at one of these. It wouldn't be my first choice simply because it's kinda' "ricey", but it certainly has some impressive stats! In reading all the specs, it actually appears to simply be a newer version of the C55 via amenities and performance. In many cases they seemed to take what MB did and just "one-up" them a little bit with newer technology.
Of course if I came up against one at a light, it would probably make me miss the big V8 power and torque I traded in for the C55. However, that wouldn't last too long...

Speaking of "ricey" styling, what's the deal w/ the upcoming C63 AMG? It is really unappealing to me. The front end looks confused, and the side profile looks like a cross between the current BMW 3 series and a Honda Accord. The BMW design has been going in the wrong direction for several years now and I'd hate to see MB head that way too. I'm very disappointed with the body lines and exterior appearance, but I assume people will want it for the beef under the hood and newer interior features...? I'm sorry, was that blasphemous of me to say? Just my .02, which is really only worth .02...
Old 01-15-2008, 11:02 PM

C32 AMG
Fellas, I have navigation both in my car (Command) and on my phone. I have to say the cell phone navigation is the wave of the future. You can take it anywhere! If you get a rental, it goes with you! If you travel to Europe - it goes with you. If someone texts me an address, I can click on it and get voice guided directions. Just my .02. I wouldn't get too hung up on it. Besides, the MB one is pretty crappy compared to the newer after-market ones.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by dkflipse
Fellas, I have navigation both in my car (Command) and on my phone. I have to say the cell phone navigation is the wave of the future. You can take it anywhere! If you get a rental, it goes with you! If you travel to Europe - it goes with you. If someone texts me an address, I can click on it and get voice guided directions. Just my .02. I wouldn't get too hung up on it. Besides, the MB one is pretty crappy compared to the newer after-market ones.

Not all cellphone carriers offer great navigation and not to forget signal loss. I would not buy a cellphone based on navigation features alone. I feel that a cellphone should always and foremost be a telephone for communication...ie...I had downloaded an Iphones update and it caused the signal on my cellphone to not work practically everywhere thus I had a cellphone that did everything great but all features that are dependant on cellular signal was basically out of service. So its nice to have but communication and the cellphones ability to do that best should be main reason to buy a cellphone not the extra features it has.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:54 PM

C32 AMG
You're right. You forgot the golden rule of technology - never buy first generation. Theres hundreds of posts on Iphone forums regarding the displeasure with the lack of integrated GPS.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by dkflipse
You're right. You forgot the golden rule of technology - never buy first generation. Theres hundreds of posts on Iphone forums regarding the displeasure with the lack of integrated GPS.
Actually the online based GPS system it has has helped me with new streets and subdivisions better then my handheld and car..in that aspect but this is way off topic...sorry originator!(hitting me)

Last edited by c32used; 01-16-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 EVO 8 612whp(sold) 2005 c55 amg R35 GTR
SO is there and other diffrences? lsd,power,cool features?
Old 01-16-2008, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
SO is there and other diffrences? lsd,power,cool features?
LSD is electronic and does quite well but you can buy a real LSD from Quaife or even phantom grip....on C32 power can be noticably upgraded via pullies and ECU tune...on C55 well pretty sure you can get your Evo venders to create cheaper power add-ons...I say by far is pretty cool how much nicer you can make the Benz look and be a huge sleeper!

In stock for they are pretty quick the C32 and C55 a little quicker..I beat a stock 2000 WS6 twice on a dragstrip with a bad launch reaction time and quarter eta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mlvd_XjX90