C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Anyone using a car carrier on top

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Anyone using a car carrier on top

was wondering if anyone here is using a Thule or a MB carrier on top of their C32. If so pics and price please. I am not even sure where the rack would bolt to. On my BMW and Audi there was a bracket there but I do not see one on the C32.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2008, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02C32AMG
I don't have a rack yet, but I had the same question and found the following roof rack from Thule for our C32. I will be purchasing this rack in the next few weeks (although there is no rush for me as Chicago is still covered in snow and I won't be biking for a few more months).

Note, prices are from Thule's web site although I've seen cheaper prices on other sites.

Thule 400xtr Rapid Aero Foot Pack $150
Thule Rapid Load Bars RB53 $104
Thule 2117 Fit Kit (for our MB C Series) $60

So, you're lookin at about $315 for the base bars not including any attachments, locks, etc.

As soon as I get my rack I'll take pictures and post back to this forum. My only concern is with the Fit Kit, but this is what Thule recommends - we'll see.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:20 PM

Sounds good I need the rack and one of the enclosed cases that goes on it to carry things enclosed. Did you take a look at the one from MB? I will have to check again and see what their price was.

Pics would be great when you get them

Originally Posted by Lagunatic
I don't have a rack yet, but I had the same question and found the following roof rack from Thule for our C32. I will be purchasing this rack in the next few weeks (although there is no rush for me as Chicago is still covered in snow and I won't be biking for a few more months).

Note, prices are from Thule's web site although I've seen cheaper prices on other sites.

Thule 400xtr Rapid Aero Foot Pack $150
Thule Rapid Load Bars RB53 $104
Thule 2117 Fit Kit (for our MB C Series) $60

So, you're lookin at about $315 for the base bars not including any attachments, locks, etc.

As soon as I get my rack I'll take pictures and post back to this forum. My only concern is with the Fit Kit, but this is what Thule recommends - we'll see.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02C32AMG
Originally Posted by bud4ya
Sounds good I need the rack and one of the enclosed cases that goes on it to carry things enclosed. Did you take a look at the one from MB? I will have to check again and see what their price was.

Pics would be great when you get them
I looked into the MB roof rack as well as Yakima. The MB system didn't have as many accessory options and Yakima just didn't look nice. The Thule bars are aluminum and IMO look nicer than the other brands. Also, Thule is pretty much the industry leader, especially if you are interested in enclosed cases.

Will post some pics when I get the bars but it won't be for a month or so.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:57 AM

I look forward to the pics. I will call Thule and go on their site and see what they have. Just have to figure out how it connects to the roof of the C32. I want something that is easy to take off and put on. I will only use it the couple of weeks we go away in the summer.

Originally Posted by Lagunatic
I looked into the MB roof rack as well as Yakima. The MB system didn't have as many accessory options and Yakima just didn't look nice. The Thule bars are aluminum and IMO look nicer than the other brands. Also, Thule is pretty much the industry leader, especially if you are interested in enclosed cases.

Will post some pics when I get the bars but it won't be for a month or so.