C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Carmax suprises me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 04:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
so what you're saying is that if carmax says they could fix it, they won't let the dealer do it? i don't want them touching my car, and last time i had repairs, the same problems showed up. i needa do engine mount, alternator, etc etc.
Thats not true. You don't have to mention a single thing to Carmax.

When my car began to drink coolant I took my car to Carmax and they just replaced the reservoir. After multiple encounters with Carmax, changing sensors and fiddling with things I just decided to take it to the dealer. The dealer got the problem fixed but then rear ended the car to a hitch!!!! I then decided to take the car exclusively to a mechanic who I trust that left that same dealership.

Take all your warranty information that's included with the papers you signed when purchasing the car to the dealer and they should have no problem getting you squared away. The only difference is the deductible (Instead of $50 by going to Carmax, you pay $75). Oh and I forgot to mention that you aren't limited to Carmax or the dealer. Read your contract thoroughly!I have all my paperwork scanned if you can't find it I can email you what they cover and what they don't cover. If you have a trusted mechanic (Which I do) who takes the warranty I'd take the business to him.

My last encounter with him I've replaced the following:
-Passenger and Driver seats (Heated option failed)
-Supercharger
-Intercooler
-Suspension Bushings
-Cats
-Alternator

all for 75 bucks. HAHA

I also got them to install my 185mm pulley, change the tranny fluid to the Redline fluid Neihouma recommended, install my Carbon Fiber spoiler and install a camber kit with alignment. <3. Can't wait to get it back.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
thanks turbo!

that's exactly what i wanted to hear! damn... now will the dealer give me a loaner? LOL.

i think i'mma just take it to rusnak or FJ, i just need all my problems done. so all i do is just bring in my papers, and hte dealer will automatically handle everything? thanks so much!