C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Kenwood mobile entertainment installed on my C32..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by loungn14
too funny....had my pac go out last week......

Piece of #$%

go with the car.pi
Well had the SWI-CAN replaced by Ebay seller for $5 shipping to me and $5 to ship to them..........gonna give Pac another try after I have the radio on C32 display back on with MB star machine. I tried the new SWI-CAN but no blank screen at all...so hopefully its the Radio off thats stopping the can bus from transmitting and learning thru the pac devices...if no dice then Car.pi here I come
Old 10-04-2008, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA
Im in the middle of my stereo install and I went with the Kenwood DDX812. I am planning to use the CAW-MB1070 from Kenwood. Its supposed to work for Kenwood HUs and our specfic CAN. Check out this link;

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...r+can+ignition

Problem is Ive only found one place to buy it and its shipped from Europe; I spoke with the seller and hes currently out but will email me when he gets them in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/INTERFACE-VOLANT...742.m153.l1262
Old 10-29-2008, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Thumbs up Update 10-29-08

Well I am more then happy with my Kenwood. Finally got the Pac-Audio SWI-CAN and the SWI-Jack programmed right again. Now I did have to replace both units atleast once. Here is a PDF of how to install and program

Program SWI-JACK: http://pac-audio.com/swixprogramming...+Vehicles&ID=6

Install SWI-CAN(SWI-JACK connects right to SWI-CAN): http://pac-audio.com/instructions/swi-can.pdf

This is what I chose in each location(can mix or match but it can be a PITA!):

volume up/down= VOLUME UP/DOWN
Arrow up= MUTE
Arrow down= SOURCE
Tel pickup= PAUSE TRACK
Tel hangup= NEXT TRACK

Now if anyone needs step by step instructions how I programmed it well PM me and if I remember how I will be glad to help. We only have six programmable buttons cause the file up/down(PAPER PICS) can't be programmed. It can be complex at first but once known it easy...

Another member(loungn14) actually installed it so I have no clue on that and he initially programmed it...he changed his to Car.PI Steering wheel interface by Pioneer after the Pac devices kept breaking on him...I hope I have better luck....if not Car.PI here I come. Jake if you can post a link to the Car.PI and place to purchase with current price.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by razormb
Im in the middle of my stereo install and I went with the Kenwood DDX812. I am planning to use the CAW-MB1070 from Kenwood. Its supposed to work for Kenwood HUs and our specfic CAN. Check out this link;

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...r+can+ignition

Problem is Ive only found one place to buy it and its shipped from Europe; I spoke with the seller and hes currently out but will email me when he gets them in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/INTERFACE-VOLANT...742.m153.l1262
Old 10-30-2008, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Mercedes Benz C32 AMG
c32used, nice work on the swap and install. Your experience convinces me to use diamond. I saw a guy's install of the dnx7100 and came away impressed with its all-in-one and its integrated functionality with bluetooth and phbook transfers from his iphone. I've yet to do the car.pi so it sounds thats the way to go for long term. Did you run a backup camera?
Old 10-30-2008, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by rivertiger
c32used, nice work on the swap and install. Your experience convinces me to use diamond. I saw a guy's install of the dnx7100 and came away impressed with its all-in-one and its integrated functionality with bluetooth and phbook transfers from his iphone. I've yet to do the car.pi so it sounds thats the way to go for long term. Did you run a backup camera?
Yes I am using a Kenwood backup camera and had a toggle switch installed to turn it on whenever I like...great for the dragstrip...

I will give review if the Pac devices fail and if I am installing a Car.PI
Old 10-30-2008, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Talking

Originally Posted by rivertiger
c32used, nice work on the swap and install. Your experience convinces me to use diamond.
I will admit the Diamond speakers sound great for DVD playback but not as good for Tuner playback but way better then OEM.....oNE GREAT SUB IN GREAT ENCLOSURE IS ALL YOU NEED BUT 2 SUBS WILL BREAK YOUR EARS
Old 11-07-2008, 09:09 AM

CLA
Just installed the Kenwood CAW-MB1070.. purchased over Ebay and shipped from Portugal in a weeks time.

It works gr8! No programming req. Installation was a bit more involved requiring removal of the bottom steering wheel panel to get to the ignition switch. Will post a DIY soon.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

Just installed the Kenwood CAW-MB1070.. purchased over Ebay and shipped from Portugal in a weeks time.

It works gr8! No programming req. Installation was a bit more involved requiring removal of the bottom steering wheel panel to get to the ignition switch. Will post a DIY soon.
WOW!

No programming required! Whats the price? What features are retained on the steering wheel controls? What shows on Display...Kenwood? Can't wait foy DIY write up
Old 11-07-2008, 10:44 AM

2011 E350 4matic
i just had a kenwood dnx 5120 put in, its amazing. the load time is super fast, the navigation is garmin ( = really good), and its really easy to use. looks really clean on the dash too. its linked up to my alpine flip down unit, to play the same thing or independent if i want.

i got it w/ bluetooth, ipod cable in glove box, and bypassed to watch movies in motion (don't tell anyone). since i have an 06 they are having a hard time finding a steering wheel adapter that will work, but if that is the only thing i don't have i am not that disappointed.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Talking

Originally Posted by sleewell
and bypassed to watch movies in motion (don't tell anyone).
You ain't the only one

I have a toggle switch to make it not show that while in drive movies will not show besides my screens on headrest and sunvisor...also have a toggle switch to turn on rearview camera at will to
Old 11-07-2008, 11:42 AM

2011 E350 4matic
nice!!! thats slick!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:45 AM

CLA
Originally Posted by c32used
WOW!

No programming required! Whats the price? What features are retained on the steering wheel controls? What shows on Display...Kenwood? Can't wait foy DIY write up
I paid $200 shipped. Im sure you can find it for less- If anyone has a contact in Euro, you can get this much cheaper. It has all the normal steering functions; up/down vol fwd/rev, band search,etc. Kenwood showing on the display would have been icing on the cake but unfortunately it doesnt show.

This is where I bought it and they have other interfaces for all years.

Worldwide Sounds

i got it w/ bluetooth, ipod cable in glove box, and bypassed to watch movies in motion (don't tell anyone). since i have an 06 they are having a hard time finding a steering wheel adapter that will work, but if that is the only thing i don't have i am not that disappointed.
The interface you need according to Kenwood is CAW-MB1500.

Heres a list of all the Kenwood Interfaces; http://www.kenwood.eu/support/swrc/
Old 11-07-2008, 12:31 PM

2011 E350 4matic
^ awesome, thank you very much!!!

this is why i love this place, you guys are great.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:47 PM

2009 Mini Cooper Clubman S
I've been thinking about this since I bought my car..

and I've got a couple conflicting answers. Is it possible to just replace the HU and nothing else on my C55? And as a follow up to that, just the head unit and Car.pi? If not, what is the minimum that I would have to replace if I wanted a new HU?
Old 11-09-2008, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by willc55
and I've got a couple conflicting answers. Is it possible to just replace the HU and nothing else on my C55? And as a follow up to that, just the head unit and Car.pi? If not, what is the minimum that I would have to replace if I wanted a new HU?
I know I read a thread that just mentioned the replacement of the HU...well by doing so you are eliminating the factory Amp,CD changer(if so equipped)...why you ask?? Cause by replacing the Factory HU you eliminate the fiber optic connection to anything fiber based so parts needed are HU,CD changer(if desired),rear amp(will need 2...1 for Factory Door Speakers and 1 for Factory Sub) So you might atleast want to throw in a better sub. Most good HU will have Ipod connection or USB port which means a CD changer is not needed...you will also need 3 sets RCAs(2 from HU to Amps, 1 for I forgotsorry). Do a search using names of HU also and it pulls up more info.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Thumbs up 3 month review with Pac Audio interface

It been over 3 months since my last review about the Pac Audio Steering Wheel interface...so far so good not one issue since it was finally reinstalled its very programmable. These are the buttons on the steering wheel that are programmable:

1. (up) and (down) arrows buttons(I have (+) as mute (-) as device selector)
2. (+) and (-) buttons purely volume only
3. Telephone accept call and telephone hangup as pause and next track on radio its next station
Review of everything else....

Rearview Camera the Kenwood Backup camera is excellent but bulky...even though no backlight for night reversing the reverse car lights give it a nightlight type glow and shows a clear picture.

Kenwood Bluetooth works almost flawlessly..clear sound from caller and they hear me well.

Kenwood reciever I get exceptional reception practically everywhere I go.

DVD playback Crisp and crystal clear.

Diamoond Audio Speakers Very clear but best when used on DVD playback.

Pioneer 10" Subwoofer in enclosure All I can say is wow a little 10" can pump out bass like that...in near future may add a 2nd 10" sub to add more depth and definition to my midrange and lows but may do a single removable box....

Kenwood/Garmin Navigation Very impressed with this touch screen!

USB/Flash drive music I am very pleased with the 6+ gigs of digital music I hear thru this entire system. I know with CD music sound would be richer and much better then Digital music...but its great not having to carry a ton of CDs

Overall I couldn't be more satisfied.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Exclamation

I may have to go this route...I have an issue with my "SRS" warning showing up. Now I had this warning code removed with StarDos system and it came back even though the passenger side sensor was replaced. I went today to MB dealer to have it checked and StarDos machine had no warnings and all systems appear to be fine so the tech told me that it has something to do with CanBus and referred to a possible new ignition switch but I recalled seeing "display fault warning" before and remembered that Pac Devices deal with the can bus thus told the Tech and he explains that is possibly the cause...so he cleared the code and if it returns then I am removing the Pac Devices and removing warning again and seeing if it fixes the issue then I am gonna use this instead. Hows it working for you?
Old 03-12-2009, 05:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
I love how your signature is your background on the head unit. I have to do something about my stereo when I get it back.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:05 PM

CLA
The adapter works fine for volume and mute.. if you try to use the up down buttons, even to scroll screens, it will ff through tracks and such. I'm happy with it.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:22 PM

2007 E-350, Volvo S80, Dodge Caravan
DNX7100

Those of you with a DNX7100, I have the same unit currently in a Volvo s80 debating if I should move it my 2007 E-350. I have a kicker 400 watt amp and an 8 inch Kicker Solo Baric in a sealed box. It pumps and shakes the mirrors so much I can't tell whats behind me. Got it all on ebay for less than $400. I did have to make my own Fiberglass box molded into a cavity.

my question is, when I pull the HU out of the 350 what do I do with the Fiber Optics, do I just leave them disconnected? I understand that the optics need to be in a closed loop. Any help is much appreciated

Old 03-29-2009, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by c32used
Thanks again Jake! The SWI-JACK is working flawlessly now thanks for the countless times you had to un-install it and install it as well as programed it. The item I said I got you and Jerry is in so you guys will get it on April 12th.
I just bought online the SWI-JACK for the DNX8120 in the SL65. Are their any tips to installing it?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Kardacian
Those of you with a DNX7100, I have the same unit currently in a Volvo s80 debating if I should move it my 2007 E-350. I have a kicker 400 watt amp and an 8 inch Kicker Solo Baric in a sealed box. It pumps and shakes the mirrors so much I can't tell whats behind me. Got it all on ebay for less than $400. I did have to make my own Fiberglass box molded into a cavity.

my question is, when I pull the HU out of the 350 what do I do with the Fiber Optics, do I just leave them disconnected? I understand that the optics need to be in a closed loop. Any help is much appreciated

Well once you go to any aftermarket unit that don't use the fiber cables well just put them to the side and tape them up....I presume
Old 03-29-2009, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by AMGfan
I just bought online the SWI-JACK for the DNX8120 in the SL65. Are their any tips to installing it?
PM Jake(loungn14) he originally installed mine.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:17 PM

2007 E-350, Volvo S80, Dodge Caravan
Will do thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Kenwood mobile entertainment installed on my C32..