C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Transmission and Torque converter question??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32, G60 Corrado
Transmission and Torque converter question??

Guys I have been having the classic tranny jerk issue for over year and half now. I went thru all the steps to get it fixed and have pretty much just accepted it as normal. I did have the Glycol test performed which was negative. I did have my tranny fluid flushed and replaced and radiator as well. After numerous visits to the dealer and all the tests being performed, I have been told it is normal and they could not find any thing wrong .

Now, I am very happy with the car and drive it quite a bit (106K). The car shifts fine, hold the gears and has no drivability issues. However I do have a question and wanted to know if this is normal.

The other day I was at a relatively steep incline (30-35 degrees) exiting a parking lot. I noticed that in S mode the car would not hold it's place and start going backwards, however in W mode it would hold it's place and would not move. Is this normal? Or is there something wrong? I would tend to think it would be the opposite as in S mode the car is at a lower gear (1st). Any input will be appreciated.. Thanks,
Old 03-10-2008, 06:47 PM

c55
just a side effect built into the trans, the 722.9 trannys dont hold in place in either C or S
Old 03-11-2008, 01:08 AM

02 C32, G60 Corrado
Thanks, I was hopping it would normal.