Close to the end of 4/50K miles warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GL550, 2019 GLC350e
Close to the end of 4/50K miles warranty

Sitting ~47K miles or 44 months

So far no big issues, engine is still very strong. As a matter of fact I think it became "stronger" from 30K miles onward. Maybe the engine finally got loose and broken in.

Braking would shimmy from time to time but nothing as bad as the Honda brakes I've experienced before. I do love the braking power AMG has clamped on there. No real worries from having to slow down from 90+ mph. Nothing really good to say about the HVAC, it has a mind of its own, and the dealer have already replaced the control unit with an updated version. Heat would come out when I need cool air blown in and cold air would blow vice versa.

I do occasionally feel the engine idle a little off balance. I haven't check to see if the rpm is dropping or not. Will have them check it out to make sure everything checks out, idle rpm, timing, spark plugs, air filter?

I'll also have them check my front passenger side control arm, which during the last inspection indicated is cracked.

All in all this car still performs well for my daily commute (35 miles / 45 mins each way), with avg 20+ mpg.

The biggest complaint I must say is the lack of reception I'm getting on Sirius. It would lose reception throughout my drive home.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
Interesting results. In fact, very similar to my own w/ 54k miles.
My HVAC system obviously hates me more than my ex-girlfriend, as it tends to give me the cold shoulder when I desire heat. I too was accustomed to being able to select my chosen temp range and my cars would do what I requested. This one, not so much... It's one of the few negatives I've found, along w/ the seat bottom heaters both going out in my first month of ownership. I plan to pursue all of these being fixed via my extended warranty. (hopefully).

I too have a rough idle. The car runs strong, but almost feels like it has larger cams per the semi-choppy idle. Not a good thing...
Please post the results of anything they determine to be the cause of this. I'm thinking it's ignition related, ie plugs and/or wires, but have not replaced either yet. Maybe even the ignition coil/module.
I'm very curious to find the cause of this one.