C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Speaker adaptors/spacers needed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Question Speaker adaptors/spacers needed!

I bought a pair of new 6.5" D600 Hex series Diamond Audio Components Speakers for the front door and 6.5" Diamond Audio D661i for the rears and my question to those that upgraded their stock speeakers is what spacer/adaptor did you use for fronts and rear?
Old 04-21-2008, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
the plastic piece attached to the door panel attached with 3 torex screws is the speaker and spacer.

detach the harness and it should pop out. I believe the speaker is held in there with 3 screws. once you unscrew them, the speaker should pop out. Then any 6.5'' speaker should fit, but the holes won't line up. Your going to need to redrill the holes into the spacer.

then reattach the spacer using the stock torex screws, it should fit like stock.

i would imagine the rears would be the same.

You can see a picture of the speaker and spacer on page 4 of the pdf you used to remove the door panel.

i would recommend using the stock spacers. If you generic spacers your going to need to redrill holes into the door panel, which would take forever.

Last edited by TemjinX2; 04-21-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
the plastic piece attached to the door panel attached with 3 torex screws is the speaker and spacer.

detach the harness and it should pop out. I believe the speaker is held in there with 3 screws. once you unscrew them, the speaker should pop out. Then any 6.5'' speaker should fit, but the holes won't line up. Your going to need to redrill the holes into the spacer.

then reattach the spacer using the stock torex screws, it should fit like stock.

i would imagine the rears would be the same.

You can see a picture of the speaker and spacer on page 4 of the pdf you used to remove the door panel.

i would recommend using the stock spacers. If you generic spacers your going to need to redrill holes into the door panel, which would take forever.
Thanks will try that...