C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

broken hinge on front airbox cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
broken hinge on front airbox cover

I was taking off the front airbox cover (the little one that is in front of the actual airbox) to put my K&N filters in and one of the little pieces that fits into the connector broke off. the one on the other side is ok but the side with the broken piece does not fit down very securely. Is this a big deal or should I try to super glue it or order another one? It seems to run fine and I think that when the hood is down it probably holds it in place pretty good. Any thoughts?
Old 05-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
your best bet is to not do anything and put your stock filters back in and act like you dont know what happened. take it into the dealer and tell them you found a clip on the ground that goes to your car and you dont know what it is. and that it might belong to the airbox. have them fix it under warranty since yours is a 2005. Dont try and fix it yourself they wont cover it.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
Thanks for the reply. Actually i bought this car used about a month ago - it had 33k miles. When i opened the air box it already had Green filters installed so i don't have the stock filters. I superglued the little piece back on and it is barely noticeable. I also realized that I was not attaching it correctly the first time so now it is down quite securely.