C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Unbelievable! loose supercharger bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 04:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 c32 99 superduty
Unbelievable! loose supercharger bolts

Alright I posted up a few days ago about a noise that has been pissing me off lately. I narrowed it down to coming from the supercharger and it seems like a air leak of some kind. So I start taking off the intake assembly and the plenums and noticed its really clean around the left side of the S/C. So I figure I will check so see if the supercharger bolts are tight. The first one I try putting a torx on it and it just wiggles??? So I grab a magnetic retrieving tool and it comes right out without even unscrewing it. Damn bolt was all the way out just sitting in the hole. I will put a new gasket kit on it and a ton of locktight when I can get it to a cleaner location other than my driveway. Can someone tell me the torque specs on the supercharger bolts and the plenum bolts?

Last edited by c3232c; 06-01-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by c3232c
Alright I posted up a few days ago about a noise that has been pissing me off lately. I narrowed it down to coming from the supercharger and it seems like a air leak of some kind. So I start taking off the intake assembly and the plenums and noticed its really clean around the left side of the S/C. So I figure I will check so see if the supercharger bolts are tight. The first one I try putting a torx on it and it just wiggles??? So I grab a magnetic retrieving tool and it comes right out without even unscrewing it. Damn bolt was all the way out just sitting in the hole. I will put a new gasket kit on it and a ton of locktight when I can get it to a cleaner location other than my driveway. Can someone tell me the torque specs on the supercharger bolts and the plenum bolts?

Thats crazys. So the bolt was just sitting in the hole not seated down? I'm sure someone here knows the torque specs and can pass that on to you. Maybe PM some of the sponsors like LET, VRP, or Code3, I'm sure they must know. I'm sure you know this But I always like to have someone remind me of things i can over look. just check the receiving threads to make sure there is no stripped of broken threads. and also make sure you use the correct thread lock. I've used the wrong thread look on my ATV and it was useless. Lucky you caught it when you did other wise you...well you know what could have happened. good luck.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:28 PM

02 c32 99 superduty
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Thats crazys. So the bolt was just sitting in the hole not seated down? I'm sure someone here knows the torque specs and can pass that on to you. Maybe PM some of the sponsors like LET, VRP, or Code3, I'm sure they must know. I'm sure you know this But I always like to have someone remind me of things i can over look. just check the receiving threads to make sure there is no stripped of broken threads. and also make sure you use the correct thread lock. I've used the wrong thread look on my ATV and it was useless. Lucky you caught it when you did other wise you...well you know what could have happened. good luck.
Yep just sitting in there! I checked out the threads on the bolt and they were fine and I really could'nt tell about the threads that hold the bolt in but it tightened up no problem. I am just glad this car is somewhat easy to work on. I don't know if I will get another Benz after all the stuff I have had to fix on this one
Old 06-01-2008, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Crossfire SRT6
torque

I looked at the manual for the SRT6 supercharger and it says 17 ft. lbs of torque. 23 N-m is the other torque setting depending on your torque ratchet.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:54 PM

02 c32 99 superduty
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
I looked at the manual for the SRT6 supercharger and it says 17 ft. lbs of torque. 23 N-m is the other torque setting depending on your torque ratchet.
Thanks