C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Singapore GP HERE I COME!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
Singapore GP HERE I COME!

I posted the same thread in Racing& Motorsport, but its less active there, so I'm posting the same thread here-

When i was on the phone with my parents today, they told me they are able to get me a free ticket to the Singapore GP. I barely know a thing about F1, but I do know that this Singapore GP is going to be the first night race in the history, so i'm going for sure.
The problem is, I dont know which seating should i get. Any suggestions? Anything important that i should know before i go?

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2008, 04:26 PM

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
'19 AMG E53 Cpe, '23 EQS 580 SUV, '88 560SL, '35 Ford 5w coupe, '53 MGTD and others
I can't help you with where to sit, but I can tell you that you won't need to pack a sweater. An umbrella will definitely come in handy as the weather can turn quickly.

The best place for British beer is on Boat Quay at the Penny Black. It's just up from the Fullerton hotel. Just don't expect it to be cheap.

Muddy Murphys up at the top of Orchard Road is good for Guiness, though it's brewed locally by Tiger. And there's the added advantage of the infamous "four floors of ******" across the street if you're so inclined.

The metro system is pretty good, as are the buses. Taxis are honest and all drivers speak English. Not all take credit cards though.

Find out before you leave if your bank has a partnership with a Singapore bank. If they do you don't have to pay ATM charges, otherwise fees can run $5-8 usd ($2-3 cdn?).

Avoid the American carriers if you can, they really don't understand service. Air Canada is pretty good, but any of the Asian carriers are far better. Sing Air, ANA and Thai Air are particularly good.

Oh, and you can bring in chewing gum.

Last edited by lkfoster; 06-11-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:29 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
damn that sounds awesome!! grats on free ticket
Old 06-11-2008, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 Designo 030
I'm jealous!

Here is a couple of pics from the last GP at the brickyard.