L2 brakes slotted and crossed drill rotors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
My point on the $5 pads was missed, or I didn't articulate it well - L2's pricing doesn't make sense, in this case. The cheapest, no-name pads should run at LEAST $50-60 more... maybe closer to $80-100. I realize they're trying to offer a deal when buying a package, but the package pricing still needs to make a little bit of sense, IMHO. If it was $325 for F&R rotors and $380 for F&R everything, that would've made more sense to me (or, conversely, $375 F&R rotors, but $450 for everything... something like that).

Its all about profit my friend...they told me that they will add the pads in for $5 more but sure they are already making enough profit to offset the asking price some. (Keep in mind they sold the F&R rotors cash to Scott for like $249(local pickup)...maybe they were taking a loss with him but its $125 more then what he paid and he likes them enough to say they work fine months later)
For OHLORD keep in mind they may seem astetic to some but they do well enough for the average Joe who doesn't Auto cross or Drag race every weekend. I don't see a reason to put the best at a much higher value when you can put in adequate at a much lower value...but if I were to be an avid AutoX/Drag race guy then I definitely feel that your way is a much better way to go...that being the case I'd get a dedicated track car instead of dumping alot on my C32 to keep it able to handle track and street. At $375 its still a great price considering thats about $94 each and to be honest anymore cheaper scares me...but they are doing well for ScotW911
Old 06-20-2008, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Everyone needs to go with what is best for them. I, for one, am happy with the performance and price of my L2's and they were local for me, so that was a huge plus.

Tell us what you LIKE about them versus the stock (other than appearance). Brakes are something I fear since a bad set can really screw you and the car up???
Old 06-20-2008, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by ohlord
Somewhere between $5 pads? and the best pads you can buy for $300
Porterfield R4-S Carbon/Kevlar Brake a set are the akebonos.
Who in their right mind would trust a car with $5 brake pads?
It costs you more than that for bicycle pads.
Its all about profit...$5 more is just to keep more money in their pockets. Even the discounted shipping if you do local pickup is not gonna hurt them alot in the profit area cause like every business they markup everything including shipping as many sellers on Ebay do to increase profit or to be able to offset price to get more sales and maintain profits the same or better at years end. I like R4-S and Akebanos but don't want to pay more...so my not as high brand Morse/Friction Master Ceramic pads do well enough for me on everyday street use and drag strip here and there.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Brakes

We ought to Sticky this for the C car owners who are looking at brakes and pads!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by genechien
btw, the L2 rotors are Centric rotors. it even comes in centric boxes...although some of mine had L2 stickers slapped on top.

http://www.centricparts.com/prod02.htm
Yeah Morse front Ceramic pads are stamped Morse all over but the rear are from Friction Master with Morse stamping and address... Businesses know what they are doing.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
We ought to Sticky this for the C car owners who are looking at brakes and pads!!!
I think we already have too many stickies I will put a link in the newbie search instead....cause they will probably look there first.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by Newzchspy

Tell us what you LIKE about them versus the stock (other than appearance). Brakes are something I fear since a bad set can really screw you and the car up???
Alright, but it's nothing special.

-First, they make my car stop rolling when I need it to stop rolling.

-Second, they are smoother than my old OEM's. Granted, they were old and warping with age.

-The combo of pad and rotor is creating ZERO dust. I was cleaning my wheels on a daily basis before, and they still looked like crap. I have gone all week and not seen a trace of dust. (yes, I know I'm going to catch crap here because it is the pads, not the rotors that dust, but I like to think that since I changed both at the same time, they both have something to do with this. So, leave me alone on this one.)

-The zinc coating keeps them from rusting like the OEM's.

-Ok, yeah, they look cool (sorry, but that is a nice perk).

Bottom line, I've need to stop quickly and they worked well. They are smooth during regular stops. They were cheaper than anything else I found out there.

I've never tracked my car and use it for a daily business car (that happens to provide some grins). Now, when the opportunity comes to spend a day at Willow Springs, I might have a new perspective on these rotors, but they work great for the street. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by ScottW911; 06-20-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:45 AM

Location: dayton ohio hopefully it will be some place warm and sunny when i finish med school
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG silver & 2003 Lancer Evolution 8 black very moded
if anyone is interested.... wilwood is another good company to go with as for rotors... also Rotra Racing makes a one piece rotor also for the w203 Not sure if they're the same size C32/C55 owners need.

if you let wilwood know the size of rotor you're wanting to use they can get you a 2 piece rotor for a good price... comparable to others.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by edtv82
if anyone is interested.... wilwood is another good company to go with as for rotors... also Rotra Racing makes a one piece rotor also for the w203 Not sure if they're the same size C32/C55 owners need.

if you let wilwood know the size of rotor you're wanting to use they can get you a 2 piece rotor for a good price... comparable to others.
EdTV82 just go ahead and post the links to make it easier for others I started this thread for the L2 rotors but now it has good info to consider so lets make this a thread thats good for others to read and learn by also to be able to purchase from
Old 07-15-2008, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
Just ordered 2 front L-2 Rotors for my '05 C55 for $280 shipped to me in NY. Pretty good deal!! I'll let you know if I like them as much or more than OE -- I suspect I will.
I wanted the Code3 two piece C55 rotors for weight savings but I can't wait any longer. My OE rotors are shot today. I'm told the L-2 Rotors weigh about the same as OE rotors at 26.7 lbs.

Regards,
Old 07-15-2008, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Tump43
Just ordered 2 front L-2 Rotors for my '05 C55 for $280 shipped to me in NY. Pretty good deal!! I'll let you know if I like them as much or more than OE -- I suspect I will.
I wanted the Code3 two piece C55 rotors for weight savings but I can't wait any longer. My OE rotors are shot today. I'm told the L-2 Rotors weigh about the same as OE rotors at 26.7 lbs.

Regards,
Yes post reviews now a C32 and a C55 on this forum has it...
Old 07-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Tump43

Regards,
That's more like the pricing I saw before.

Victor, you must have gotten the greediest guy there to quote $375 for a group purchase. Mine were supposed to be $280 but, remember, I did local pick-up and cash.

By the way, the rotors are still performing great. I am sure going to get my $249 worth out of these.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by ScottW911
That's more like the pricing I saw before.

Victor, you must have gotten the greediest guy there to quote $375 for a group purchase. Mine were supposed to be $280 but, remember, I did local pick-up and cash.

By the way, the rotors are still performing great. I am sure going to get my $249 worth out of these.
I noticed that asap but further study of his words it says "Just ordered 2 front L-2 Rotors for my '05 C55 for $280 shipped to me in NY." So for 2 front rotors he paid shipped $280. If its a mistake and its 4 actually I will recall them asap to demand a better price for us if not atleast that same price.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by c32used
I noticed that asap but further study of his words it says "Just ordered 2 front L-2 Rotors for my '05 C55 for $280 shipped to me in NY." So for 2 front rotors he paid shipped $280. If its a mistake and its 4 actually I will recall them asap to demand a better price for us if not atleast that same price.
Oops. My bad. I did not notice that and I assumed he got all 4 corners. Now, that is not such a great deal, just a middle-of-the-road deal.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Oops. My bad. I did not notice that and I assumed he got all 4 corners. Now, that is not such a great deal, just a middle-of-the-road deal.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by edtv82
well i do need to get my rotors and pads taken care of here very soon... i'll post up what my thoughts are...
Hey Ed,

Did you end up getting the R1s? If so pics and review please.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Hey Ed,

Did you end up getting the R1s? If so pics and review please.
Edtv82 seems to have made himself scarce around here after he was called out for a supposed bumper sale scam. I would not put too much credit into any answer you may get unless he can clear his name. Maybe it is all just an honest mistake.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Edtv82 seems to have made himself scarce around here after he was called out for a supposed bumper sale scam. I would not put too much credit into any answer you may get unless he can clear his name. Maybe it is all just an honest mistake.
Thanks...I heard a little of it but made zero stock of it...hope he clears it up...
Old 09-28-2008, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Thanks...I heard a little of it but made zero stock of it...hope he clears it up...
I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone here. Was looking for info on the R1s and L2 and got what I was looking for in this thread.

As for edtv82, I was the one that purchased the bumper from him and never received it. After nearly 3 months, a paypal claim that went nowhere other than blocking his account, and then escalating it to the authorities, I finally got my money back. Had I not bothered him daily and threatened court, I don't think I would have seen or heard from him. Did he clear his name? Not in my book....
Old 09-28-2008, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone here. Was looking for info on the R1s and L2 and got what I was looking for in this thread.

As for edtv82, I was the one that purchased the bumper from him and never received it. After nearly 3 months, a paypal claim that went nowhere other than blocking his account, and then escalating it to the authorities, I finally got my money back. Had I not bothered him daily and threatened court, I don't think I would have seen or heard from him. Did he clear his name? Not in my book....
Well glad you got the info you seek.......

As for the bumper fiasco well sorry it happened to you.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Update:
I was curious about L2's offerings on ebay today. After all, that was where I origninally found them. Well, I was a little surprised that L2 in "no longer a registered user" on ebay. I don't know if that is because they are getting more for their rotors than ebay sales will support or...if they are on their way out of business.

I called their number and got the answering machine. That tells me nothing since I usually got the machine.

If they are going away, I guess that proves that my deal was too good to be true (for them!).

Please let us know if anyone gets a hold of them.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Update:
I was curious about L2's offerings on ebay today. After all, that was where I origninally found them. Well, I was a little surprised that L2 in "no longer a registered user" on ebay. I don't know if that is because they are getting more for their rotors than ebay sales will support or...if they are on their way out of business.

I called their number and got the answering machine. That tells me nothing since I usually got the machine.

If they are going away, I guess that proves that my deal was too good to be true (for them!).

Please let us know if anyone gets a hold of them.
Interesting...

Please let us know anyone who uses them cause this is a winter project for me.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
Iill call tomorrow, 380 4 rotors with pads is a def buy for me.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
I just got off the phone with R1concept, The front rotors were 350, and rears are 218. The only discount i got is free shipping&tx, grand total of 568 rotors only.