over boosting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 c32 amg
over boosting

hi i have a 03 c32 i put a switch on my charger pulley so i can engage and dis engage my charger pulley but when im driving and flip the switch and nail it. it over boost and the whole car just surges any way around it from over boosting.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:23 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by oldnavy11
hi i have a 03 c32 i put a switch on my charger pulley so i can engage and dis engage my charger pulley but when im driving and flip the switch and nail it. it over boost and the whole car just surges any way around it from over boosting.
...umm...what
Old 06-22-2008, 03:10 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
No.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
How did you wire the switch? Is the clutch always engaged? if so, it will not work. You are not overboosting, the ECU needs to disengage the clutch during transmission shifts and it is not able to so the car will surge/jerk.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Almost a Member!

03 c32 amg
i put it on a toggle so i can flip the switch and it engages it that would explain when i engage it at a stand still and nail it it surges
Old 06-22-2008, 04:42 PM

2002 C32 AMG
i put it on a toggle so i can flip the switch and it engages it that would explain when i engage it at a stand still and nail it it surges
If you can engage it at a stand still, you must have it hot wired. If you are providing an alternate power source to the clutch and bypassing the ECU engagement signal, it will not run right. I believe the ECU uses a different fuel / spark map when the SC is engaged. If YOU are controlling engagement, the ECU doesn't even know that the SC is engaged and cannot compensate. I tried it for about 15 minues...didn't work too well

It MAY, MIGHT, THEORETICALLY, PLAUSIBLY, be possible to wire a relay and resistor inline with the ECU's SC circuit that is activated by your switch (you'll need a resistor that equals the impedance of the SC clutch). When you apply direct power to the clutch, the relay will also close the ECU's SC circuit. The ECU will see the usual resistance on the circuit and see that the SC is engaged and compensate accordingly... theoretically
Old 06-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Almost a Member!

03 c32 amg
it must be a hot loop i tapped the postive wire from the harness that plugs into the clutch and i did negative off the switch im gonna try to do something it just suxs that its gotta shut off to change gears.cause u lose so much power and boost that way