Replaced Seat Modules But Seat Won't Move

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203
Replaced Seat Modules But Seat Won't Move

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums. My seat modules were draining power from my battery so I disconnected them until I could find replacements. I found new seat modules and installed them on both the drivers side and passengers side.

The drivers side is back to normal but the passengers side won't move. I checked the fuses and they were ok. When power is fed to the passenger seat the seat is able to move, so something must be blocking the power from the fuse to the seat. Any idea why this is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB C32 AMG
you sure you have the connector plugs in the right place? Try the passenger seat control module on the dirver side or vise versa before you start taking the car further apart. The control modules should be the same no?
Old 07-18-2008, 11:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 w203,85 w123
Probably need a re-flash from the Stealership...STFF...I bet KIRA can help u
Old 07-19-2008, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by myee
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums. My seat modules were draining power from my battery so I disconnected them until I could find replacements. I found new seat modules and installed them on both the drivers side and passengers side.

The drivers side is back to normal but the passengers side won't move. I checked the fuses and they were ok. When power is fed to the passenger seat the seat is able to move, so something must be blocking the power from the fuse to the seat. Any idea why this is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
When you say that you used new replacement seat modules, where did you get them and are they a direct W203 replacement?
I thought even replacement W203 modules were acting up and the way to go was an updated W211 module?