Euro tuner in Australia finally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C32
Euro tuner in Australia finally

I was going to sell my C32 since work gave me a car to use daily with all expense covered, however with the current C32 resale value it's not worth selling at all. So I look at ways of making my car more enjoyable With the current modifying trend for the c32 I think this route is going to be fun.

I know that my old tuner has been tuning European cars for the past few years. He used to tune my other Jap imports. I just looked up his website and found this really interesting thread
http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=91794

It looks like he like to have the car to test and make sure the tune will survive in the harsh OZ environment. I will ask him more details next time I talk to him but I got a feeling that is the only way. He is ultra conservative. He is in SA and I am in QLD. He comes to QLD regularly but only for holiday so I dont really want to drag him to the dyno and do some work for me. It might be worthwhile for him if there are more AMG customers. Does anyone else in QLD want to get a tune for their AMG?

If there are enough interest, I will check with him regarding the possibility of flying him up and have a group buy/tuning day

Last edited by 9krpm; 08-07-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:08 PM

C32 AMG
Thumbs up

I would like to know more about this. But i prefer driving down to SA all the way from VIC, rather than VIC - QLD.

What i can say is that there are already many euro tuners in OZ, but very little "affordable" euro tuners.

From past enquiries, prices usually ranges from AU$2k from a chip (for stock cars) up to 5k for an all out Motec upgrade

Lets hope this would be the cost effective alternative
Old 08-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 C32
AMGV6K, I think you are better off to give DW Tuning a call on 08 8341 0400 to enquire about the cost. Martin uses the OBDII for tuning
Old 08-09-2008, 02:12 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 C32
It looks like a mail order tune is possible I will probably bring the PCM down next time I visit Adelaide to stock up my red wine
Check here regarding an E55 result and Martin's comment on the C32 PCM tune
http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=103336

If there are enough interest I can book the car in for some dyno sessions to see the before and after tune dyno result.