C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

will it ruin the handling??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32 amg
Question will it ruin the handling??

hi there,have a dayoff tomorrow so will buy some tires for the monoblocks i just brought,want to fit micheliens ps2 265-30-19 at the rear and falken 235-35-19 at the front..will it ruin the handling or upset the esp,etc,etc..the reason why im doing this set up is cause everywhere i called dont stock falkens for the rear or micheliens ps2 for the front????let me know your thoughts thank you
ps..and i only can get this dayoff until middle of next month (short of staff)so i really want to get it over and done

Last edited by c32 dan; 08-18-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by c32 dan
hi there,have a dayoff tomorrow so will buy some tires for the monoblocks i just brought,want to fit micheliens ps2 265-30-19 at the rear and falken 235-35-19 at the front..will it ruin the handling or upset the esp,etc,etc..the reason why im doing this set up is cause everywhere i called dont stock falkens for the rear or micheliens ps2 for the front????let me know your thoughts thank you
ps..and i only can get this dayoff until middle of next month (short of staff)so i really want to get it over and done
If you are refering to going to 19" from 17", no there will be NO real difference here. A few pounds at best that you will NOT be able to feel the difference in. Now you will see a BIG increase in harshness whenever you hit a lovely pothole, or bad road surface. All ESP, ABS, etc, etc, will not notice the difference, provided that you NEW tire height is no more than 1/2" + or -. Your wallet, on the other hand, will see a HUGE difference in price for those new LARGE donuts my friend

See you

PS: Sorry I missed the two different brand thing. NO it will not hurt anything, I have even raced on two different tires before, long story. Keep in mind that they will have different roll over rates, meaning that the car will tend to jump from lane to lane on high crown roads, wash board roads, or other imperfections. Won't be bad for street tires and alignment, can be REAL fun with aggressive alignment

Last edited by MRAMG1; 08-18-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:22 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
IMO for regular driving having different tyre brands front and rear won't make much of a difference.

I've run different brands on more than one occasion,
having said that this was only because I was changing brands and decided to replace the tyres as they needed it rather than changing both front and rear at the same time, so avoiding scrapping 2 tyres with plenty of life left in them.

If I was going to replace all the tyres I would definitely go with the same brand/tread all round to get the best match up and also just because I wouldn't really enjoy seeing different tread patterns front and back

is there a particular reason you have chosen these two brands? , have you not considered any others?,

the only reason I ask is because I had Michelin's on mine and tbh I thought they were crap and pretty overpriced, so I'd never use them again

HTH
Old 08-18-2008, 03:39 PM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
Isn't there some re-adjustment that you need to do with the navigation system? I remember seeing some menu for that once while flipping through the manual.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:49 PM

2005 Renntech C class
Mixing tires is never recommended by the tire companies just because the two tires behave differently in the wet/dry and also at different air pressures.

is it really dangerous? probably not

I'd look into other brands to try to get a matching F/R tire =)