C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Transmission service interval

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 C32 LET Stage I
Transmission service interval

I took my 03 C32 with 50K miles in for Service A visit and was told that I need transmission service done (fluid and filter $400), differencial fluid replacement $275, and a new battery $195 (the current battery failed the test).

I don't have any issues with battery yet, is it a good idea to replace it after 5 years, especially with Stealership claiming it failed the tests?

I know MB stop advertising lifetime transmmision fluid fill, but is it 5 years/50K miles replacement? or is it just a good idea to do transmission service anyway?

How hard is it to replace differencial fluid on AMG? If it is indeed in need of replacement?

Any expert advise on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silver 2002 c32 amg
I had mine done at 50k miles service too, also recommended by the service dept.
I would say considering the abuse our gearboxes have to handle and the cost of replacement if they ever broke , then a fluid change once in a while is a very good idea

also 50k is about right for the battery so I'm sure it'll need changing soon,
however unless they are doing you a good deal on one I would say decline it and just get one yourself (very easy to fit).

alternatively if you have MB/assist you could always wait till it fails and have them come out and do it for you

don't know about the diff, I was under the impression they're maintenance free
Old 08-18-2008, 02:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Changing the tranny fluid is just good insurance for down the road.

The battery I would go do myself. I am sure you can pick one up anywhere for half the cost you are going to pay at the dealer.

If it is 5 years old it is time to change it. Again good insurance to save you from a tow/jump start down the road.

Originally Posted by timberman
I had mine done at 50k miles service too, also recommended by the service dept.
I would say considering the abuse our gearboxes have to handle and the cost of replacement if they ever broke , then a fluid change once in a while is a very good idea

also 50k is about right for the battery so I'm sure it'll need changing soon,
however unless they are doing you a good deal on one I would say decline it and just get one yourself (very easy to fit).

alternatively if you have MB/assist you could always wait till it fails and have them come out and do it for you

don't know about the diff, I was under the impression they're maintenance free