C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New member...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32
New member...

Hello all. Kris from Roseville, MN here. MNM5ETR told me about this forum.

I just picked up my '02 silver C32 today. It appears to be stock except for 18" replica AMG wheels with PZero Neros.

Couple questions:

It appears as though there's no lumbar adjustment in the seats (specifically the driver's seat)....correct? Any way to add/correct the lumbar?

The car is missing the factory CD magazine....where's the best/cheapest place to get one? Anyone know the part #?

Also, someone on another (non-MB) forum mentioned that the transmissions are junk in these cars; is that true? What's a typical transmission lifespan? My car has 57k miles on it.

Thanks in advance for any info. I look forward to spending some time here.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by KrisR
Hello all. Kris from Roseville, MN here. MNM5ETR told me about this forum.

I just picked up my '02 silver C32 today. It appears to be stock except for 18" replica AMG wheels with PZero Neros.

Couple questions:

It appears as though there's no lumbar adjustment in the seats (specifically the driver's seat)....correct? Any way to add/correct the lumbar?

The car is missing the factory CD magazine....where's the best/cheapest place to get one? Anyone know the part #?

Also, someone on another (non-MB) forum mentioned that the transmissions are junk in these cars; is that true? What's a typical transmission lifespan? My car has 57k miles on it.

Thanks in advance for any info. I look forward to spending some time here.
welcome to the forum. I cant really chime in on the C32 trans, but i think its fair to say the transmission in the C32 is not junk If there are any issues with the transmission with the C32 I'm 100% sure there is a thread about it. I would just do some searching and you might find the info you are looking for. Other C32 guys i'm sure will add their 2 cents.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:28 PM

2002 C32
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
welcome to the forum. I cant really chime in on the C32 trans, but i think its fair to say the transmission in the C32 is not junk If there are any issues with the transmission with the C32 I'm 100% sure there is a thread about it. I would just do some searching and you might find the info you are looking for. Other C32 guys i'm sure will add their 2 cents.
Thanks.

I did a little searching and it seems there's more of a concern with the harsh torque converter lockup when accelerating slowly in 1st at 1500rpm, but I couldn't find anything about any failures.

Another question: Another member of one of the other forums I visit said it costs something like $3k for the 60k mile service? I hope he's joking, because I'll be needing it here shortly.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by KrisR
Thanks.

I did a little searching and it seems there's more of a concern with the harsh torque converter lockup when accelerating slowly in 1st at 1500rpm, but I couldn't find anything about any failures.

Another question: Another member of one of the other forums I visit said it costs something like $3k for the 60k mile service? I hope he's joking, because I'll be needing it here shortly.

I would look into a warranty. when something goes wrong it can be very costly and one or two trips to the dealer and the warranty starts paying for itself Other than that AMG drivetrains are made really well.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:46 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55
Kris:

LOL! I knew I would see some posts on here from you! Congrats on the purchase - it sounds like a great car, you will enjoy it!

What was I telling you? A bit more "activity" on this board than the other...

Kris has a long list of cars. First time I met him was a run with a modded C5 Z06. It was actually pretty close to about 85 mph...

I look forward to seeing you and the car.

Beware, too! There are lots of guys on this forum with modded cars that will pressure you into adding HP!

I need to change my signature, too (no more E55).

TK

Last edited by BlackHammer; 09-01-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:27 PM

2002 C32
Originally Posted by MNM5ETR
Kris:

LOL! I knew I would see some posts on here from you! Congrats on the purchase - it sounds like a great car, you will enjoy it!

What was I telling you? A bit more "activity" on this board than the other...

Kris has a long list of cars. First time I met him was a run with a modded C5 Z06. It was actually pretty close to about 85 mph...

I look forward to seeing you and the car.

Beware, too! There are lots of guys on this forum with modded cars that will pressure you into adding HP!

I need to change my signature, too (no more E55).

TK
Hey bud!

Thanks for mentioning this forum to me. This makes it.......oh about the 1783658th car forum I belong to now.

I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time here.

See you around TK.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by MNM5ETR
Let me be the first then to say Mod Mod Mod! LETmotorsports seems to have a whole bunch of C32's on this forum that run 12's in the 1/4. C32 can be modded at less than half the cost of anyother AMG