Buying warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Buying warranty

Do you guys think $5,000 is a good price on 3-yr, 30,000 mile full waranty on a 2002 C32 with 86-87k miles on it? They cover everything except parts that wear out. I hate to have my parents keep paying for my repair bills, so I was thinking about taking out a student loan and getting a warranty for my car.

When I got the car it was out of warranty

The agent droped 1k for me because I am a student, though he seemed kinda fishy and kept asking me for my credit card after I told him i was still looking around.

Also does anyone know whether MB offers extended warranty if your original expired?
Old 09-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by kindafast
Do you guys think $5,000 is a good price on 3-yr, 30,000 mile full waranty on a 2002 C32 with 86-87k miles on it? They cover everything except parts that wear out. I hate to have my parents keep paying for my repair bills, so I was thinking about taking out a student loan and getting a warranty for my car.

When I got the car it was out of warranty

The agent droped 1k for me because I am a student, though he seemed kinda fishy and kept asking me for my credit card after I told him i was still looking around.

Also does anyone know whether MB offers extended warranty if your original expired?
If I were you, I'd be very cautious. Most reputable companies won't cover the C32. I have not been able to find a carrier who would cover my car and I've been looking for almost 2 years. The price you have been quoted is outlandishly expensive. Run away from that outfit as fast as you can.

MB only offers CPO if you by the car from them, the original warranty is still applicable and you buy at the time of the car purchase. In other words, MB is not going to help you here.

In most cases, the aftermarket warranties are rip-offs. Here in California, they are also illegal, unless sold by a dealership.

If someone is eager to sell you a warranty on a 7 year old car with 86k on the odometer, plan on kissing your money good-by. Shiesters run rampant in this industry.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
just learn to diy'er more...you'll save your parents a lot more. The deal also sounds fishy to me as well.

$5k for 30,000 miles is too much for a car thats already 6-7yrs old. Think about it, if you sold the car today, you can probably sell it for around $15k. so $5k is basically 1/3 the price of the car.

I think warranty is only really worth it when its about 10-15% of the value of the car.