C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

door locks are jammed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04' C32 AMG & 90' TT 300ZX
door locks are jammed

Its starting to annoy me. My door lock on the front driver door is like jammed or something. If the doors are all closed I could unlock it via key. Thats all I could do via key. I cant lock them so in order to lock me car I close the driver door and through the rear door I manually push the pin down and then using the key i lock the rear doors. its starting to annoy me. It seems as if they are getting jammed. I can manually unlock and lock the door by pushing the pin in or out but it is really hard. I attempted to take out the whole locking system. I took the door panel off but the airbag is blocking some cables and I have no Idea how to remove the lock cause I dono how to get the mechanism out it seems to be like clipped in or screwed in from the inside if i put me hand in there I could feel there is something blocking me form taking it out.

I was thinking of just taking it to the dealer but before I do does anyone want to chime in on this?
Old 09-17-2008, 12:44 AM
M_M

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
I just replaced the passenger door lock mechanism last week with my friend in his garage, it took us totally 2 hours.

in order to get the door locking mechanism out, you need to drill out the 3 pop rivets holding the air bag and the 2 pop rivets holding the lower window strut. don't forget to buy the new pop rivets, as those will have to be replaced.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04' C32 AMG & 90' TT 300ZX
wow you could buy the pop rivets? I used screws to put it back in
Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 PM
M_M

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
dealers sell them.