C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Question - blacked out grill and badges?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Question - blacked out grill and badges?

I have been debating whether or not to black out my grill and badges and now I think I've made up my mind to go ahead with it. The goal is to have:

Black front grill
Black badges all around
Smoke tail lens
Black projector fog lights
Carbon front spoiler
Carbon rear spoiler
Carbon side mirror covers
Black staggered 18"s with deep rear chrome lip or Gunmetal with chrome lip
Black AMG flat hood emblem
Possibly paint the roof black, we'll see.

For those with black badges and grill, how did you do it? I assume there is more to it, to get a good end result at least, than just slapping some black spray paint over it? Did you have it professionally painted? What adhesive did you use to put your stock badges back on the car?

Tips, tricks and feedback appreciated!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 C55
I'd go gunmetal with a polished lip rather than chrome. It'll be easier to do *and* can't flake or peel. With the roof you might try just having it covered in vinyl so you can remove it easily if / when you get bored or decide to sell. IIRC, some guy did an entire M3 in a vinyl wrap to change to a different color.

Do they have the clear headlights for the 32 like the 55? If so, I'd change to them and have the inner area blacked out as well. (this may be moot given your signature but I can't tell from the pic ... )
Old 09-19-2008, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by viper501

Do they have the clear headlights for the 32 like the 55? If so, I'd change to them and have the inner area blacked out as well. (this may be moot given your signature but I can't tell from the pic ... )
The pic in my signature is outdated but I do have the 55 style clear headlights. I don't care for the look of the blacked out inner area on a silver car based on the pictures I've seen. It was an option though. The blacked out projector fogs look pretty sweet through IMO.

Now by vinyl on the roof, do you mean like the old cars of the '60s and '70s? I hope not.lol
Old 09-19-2008, 11:26 PM

06 C55
NO 50's flashback. It's the same stuff that they wrap cars with for advertising. If done right, you won't be able to really tell that it isn't painted. It'll also protect the paint while its on there ... if I can, I'll try to find the pics of the 'repainted' M3. You wouldn't know it had a color change if you saw it driving down the road. The only time it became obvious was with the hood open. Then you could see the original color where it wasn't wrapped. IIRC, this guy even had the door sills wrapped so it was 'complete'. Crazy.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:38 PM

2008 C300 SPORT (white)
car completely vinyl wrapped

here is a couple pics of a C350 completely wrapped, yes i no the color selection isnt the greatest, but it is just to show u an idea. the guy that did it, said it took him 2 days to do the whole car. if u notice the fog light housing u can see the actual color of the car before.

C350 (german specs) with the front end of a C63.
Attached Thumbnails Question - blacked out grill and badges?-100_1015.jpg   Question - blacked out grill and badges?-100_1016.jpg   Question - blacked out grill and badges?-100_1017.jpg   Question - blacked out grill and badges?-100_1018.jpg   Question - blacked out grill and badges?-100_1019.jpg  

Question - blacked out grill and badges?-100_1021.jpg