Killer Chiller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Killer Chiller

http://www.killerchiller.com/index.html

Have anyone consider this over the common Let/Code3 HE & Johnson pump upgrade??? It seems to work incredibly well on Cobras and Lightnings and their supercharger system works very similar to ours.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
I haven't had any first hand experience with this, but it sounds cool. I was thinking of doing something similar but using all electric TEM/Peltier. But R134A AC refrigerant would be more efficient. However, you want to make sure the coolant stays in contact with the R134A refrigerant for a long enough time. If the coolant is moving too fast, then thermal transfer will be less efficient. I would probably add a bypass valve to bypass the loop when you're not using it.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Basically that device is just a liquid heat exchanger that has a core for the R134A and a core for the coolant. I really don't think that it will make much difference in lowering the IATs though...part of the reason why I never pursued it.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:42 AM

RENNtech C32 AMG
and another part of the reason might be that your running the A/C constantly, creating power loss from the extra drag/load on the engine, and lower fuel economy. They are over priced for what they really are.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:23 PM

C32 AMG
You can turn the a/c off before you floor it (in case the ecu don't shut down the a/c by itself) but it will really only work well in drag racing or every day commuting (I think it's worthless for road race, etc)

The point is that most cobras and lightnings are registering 55-65 degrees IAT's at idle with the a/c on, which is incredibly cold. Very impressive system, but I don't feel right messing with the mb a/c system, simply to expensive to fix if something goes wrong.