C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Looking for intake manifold mod information

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
Looking for intake manifold mod information

I would like to look for the information for the intake manifold mode, which had been posted in this forum by 240M3SRT and reposted by splinter. However, the two posts have been removed. If you do the search for “intake manifolds” you will probably see the two posts come up but they are broken links. I am wondering why they are removed?

If anyone has those pictures of the intake manifold in those threads, please repost.

Thanks in advance,
Old 10-04-2008, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by CLKCLK
I would like to look for the information for the intake manifold mode, which had been posted in this forum by 240M3SRT and reposted by splinter. However, the two posts have been removed. If you do the search for “intake manifolds” you will probably see the two posts come up but they are broken links. I am wondering why they are removed?

If anyone has those pictures of the intake manifold in those threads, please repost.

Thanks in advance,
Ahh... some of the other sharp-eyed regulars have noticed that too, I see.

Apparently, this forum is very strict about posts from non-sponsors that deal with non-sponsor product info. How illegal machine's thread describing the Needswings intake manifolds was different than splinter's describing BDJ Racing/240M3SRT's intake mod... well, your guess is as good as mine; but I guess they're different somehow, as one still exists, and one was removed.

I understand the forum's need to keep non-sponsors from peddling their wares; that's the whole point of sponsorship. However, policing it can also go too far IMHO, and if we start losing informative threads about new parts/mods/tuning options because they happen to involve a shop that isn't paying dues to MBW, then we all lose out on that potentially valuable info.

Anyway, to answer your question directly - go to www.crossfireforum.org and set up an account. I did, solely to follow along on the intake manifold mod progress, after it was deleted here. FWIW, they also seem to be much more interested in sharing tuning ideas/info - a lot of other good info there as well. If that mod is something that interests you, unfortunately that's the only way you'll learn more about it.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Ahh... some of the other sharp-eyed regulars have noticed that too, I see.
Thanks c32AMG... It seems there are always some political issues around huh . One of reason I joined this forums was because I saw it useful. Members here were nice, useful, sharing knowledge around. Huh it's time to keep eyes on some other forums too. Hope that this forum will not become crossfire forum in the future. It may if this is the way this forum works.

And what’s next? I am not surprised, if this post is disappeared one day or even my account is banned.