C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Tell me something

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell me something

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I'm a Finnish guy, so my english isn't close to perfect. I have been having trouble figuring out which car I should get. It's either C32 or M3. I'm pretty sure I'll get the C32. In Finland most of the cars have manual transmission. I have never had an automatic. The biggest reason is that usually they are so much slower than manual. And when I have tried some automatic, I didn't like it, because it wasn't any fun. It didn't feel sporty. Even a slower car felt faster on manual gears.

So, I suppose the C32 is fun though? I have never driven even nearly that fast car. And the only possiblity to try C32 or M3 is to buy one or to have some friend who has one. That's crazy. And C32 is 93.200 euros, M3 about the same. We have some taxes on the cars. Nice!

Well, if I will get the C32, I hope it's great! Is it possible to do burnouts with the automatic gears? It's not that important though. What's the bose sound system like? Do you get good bass-sound out of it? And I'm interested in any stories about what's it like to drive that car.
Old 01-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Almost a Member!

Mercedes-Benz 2006 ML350 , '04 VW R32
Thumbs up AMG automatic

The AMG Speedshift transmission is unlike any other automatic - I'm really enjoying it. It shifts VERY fast, holds the shift going into a corner, and down shifts when I expect it to. You can absolutley do burnouts. The "auto stick" feature is a quick hit to the right or left to manually change the gears.

If you have to do any driving in rush hour stop and go driving, you'll realy appreicate the AMG automatic. My manual BMW stays in the garage if there is any likelihood of stop and go drving, and increasingly on other ocassions too!
Old 01-11-2003, 05:22 PM

2002 C32 brilliant silver, nav
Auto Tranny

The C32 will burn the tires off if you turn off the ESP. The trans is like no other. Good luck.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:22 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
yes, you can definitely do a burnout if you turn off the ESP. Just stump on the gas and go. As for the stereo system, I like the Harman Kardon in my last car much better (a 2000 328Ci)

The handling on the track might not be as good as the M3, but in real life it's pretty much a tie.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Ya know... I sat in my friend's bmw with Harmon Kardon. The Bose on MB sounds much better. Has more treble. The HKardon sounds muffed.