Race fuel!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by loungn14
Agree with you...i have put race gas in for a dyno and it did make a difference.

But, I also have many tunes ready to go, and have one especially setup for the 100 oct at the track to maximize maps for it.

So, both point previously made are correct....
I asked Jerry and he says that ON a Jerry or Wayne TUNED car (Which mine is) the higher octane will make a difference. Now, these guys know a whole lot more than I !!! On a non-tuned car, I can't believe that it would make that much of a difference. Even my son, when I don't tell him that I put it in, notices a difference in the performance.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
When i go in for dyno runs I sometimes use race fuel. You can see a clear difference on a dyno chart with race fuel. Yesterday when i add race fuel i did notice better response with my right foot. Now that I have driving the car with race fuel for a day that feel as gone away, I think its just because i'm use to it now. The way that I've modded my car, Ive been picking up about 10hp at a time and with every mod I get use to the way it feels. Right now I can honestly say I cant feel any diff from one mod to the next as i'm just use to all of them. I honestly havent even seen a gain in my 1/4 times and i'm 50hp over stock at the wheels. I do blame that crapy race weather here in AZ as most of my mods were done in 100+ temps. I will the exclusive 12 second clud soon enough as temps drop. I feel race fuel is a must for the drag racer who need just a bit more to get over the edge. Hay a 1/2 a tenth could mean the difference of a 13 and a 12 second 1/4mile run.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK550
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
I asked Jerry and he says that ON a Jerry or Wayne TUNED car (Which mine is) the higher octane will make a difference.
I'll have to run over to the Delta Sonic in Downer's Grove and get some 100 octane to see if there's much of a difference.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by RedBull
I'll have to run over to the Delta Sonic in Downer's Grove and get some 100 octane to see if there's much of a difference.
Rocket Fuels says that on a V6 turbocharged engine, they have tests that show it adds 4 MPH and -.5 second to a qtr mile time? I don't know, BUt it certainly can't hurt. If that's the case, I am in the 12s baby!!
Old 10-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Rocket Fuels says that on a V6 turbocharged engine, they have tests that show it adds 4 MPH and -.5 second to a qtr mile time? I don't know, BUt it certainly can't hurt. If that's the case, I am in the 12s baby!!
I got some race fuel in the car now and I will throw maybe another gallon in when i get to the track tonight. I know I'm not going to brake any of my own records tonight (13.2 best stock) as its still 95 degrees of today. maybe at 10pm when the temps dip into the 70's, but last time that happened I could hook up at all it was like being on ice off the line. All I know is i hope i dont loose to a F250 again WTF!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:24 PM

CLK550
Nah, you'll still find a way to run 13s.

I did drive over to Delta Sonic on fumes tonight and put 10 gallons of 100 octane in the tank. After driving for about 20 minutes to let it circulate, I did a few quick pulls. The difference is very noticeable. I was going to do a throttle reset, but forgot, so I wasn't exactly getting the full effect. My traction light was blinking like a strobe all the way through 2nd gear. On one pull, I was in 2nd and the trans didn't kick down to first. So the pull started decent and I was still getting traction, but then as I hit about 4k rpm, the back end started breaking loose and the traction light started blinking again. I can only imagine what 3rd and 4 gears feel like. I would highly recommend race gas to anyone who has a tune.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Crossfire SRT6
12.99 for HooleyBoy

Hey Congrats on getting a 12.99. The track prep was great and the perfect night to get it down. Next time come alone and have more fun going rounds. I ended up losing in the final. Still got a nice little check and trophy. See you in a couple of weeks.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
[QUOTE=RedBull;3114508]Nah, you'll still find a way to run 13s.

I did drive over to Delta Sonic on fumes tonight and put 10 gallons of 100 octane in the tank. After driving for about 20 minutes to let it circulate, I did a few quick pulls. The difference is very noticeable. I was going to do a throttle reset, but forgot, so I wasn't exactly getting the full effect. My traction light was blinking like a strobe all the way through 2nd gear. On one pull, I was in 2nd and the trans didn't kick down to first. So the pull started decent and I was still getting traction, but then as I hit about 4k rpm, the back end started breaking loose and the traction light started blinking again. I can only imagine what 3rd and 4 gears feel like. I would highly recommend race gas to anyone who has a tune.[/QUOTE]

Ran @ Morocco today! Where were you??? We could have talked about Venice

12.76 @ 109.22

Glenn
Old 10-18-2008, 07:41 PM

CLK550

Ran @ Morocco today! Where were you??? We could have talked about Venice

12.76 @ 109.22

Glenn
I had to go in to the office today, otherwise I would have been out there at the track.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Hey Congrats on getting a 12.99. The track prep was great and the perfect night to get it down. Next time come alone and have more fun going rounds. I ended up losing in the final. Still got a nice little check and trophy. See you in a couple of weeks.
for sure i will stick around all night next time