C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds available! Gain +32HP, +25TQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG

Did you (or anyone else who has installed these or the NEEDSWINGS) notice a drop in boost pressure? Correct me if my theory is wrong, but I would think that installing higher flowing manifolds would lower actual boost pressure measured at the MAP due to less resistance, even though flow is increased. If this is the case, the ECU would see less air even though the engine is actually consuming more air, causing the ECU to inject less fuel than needed. This theory would mean that a tune would be a MUST!
Old 10-22-2008, 07:15 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
I would say tune is a must. Otherwise why would you bother doing the mod and not getting all you can out of it with a tune. Not just any tune either. Mine is specific for the needswings mani's from lots of dyno's on Rob's part. I can only give you 1/4 mile times and 60' times. That's all that matters to me. I'll report back once I get the mani's and get into the 11's. So far I've been averaging 12.0's everytime out to the track since I've got the tune. Best 60' is 1.74. No dyno's as I don't care how much power is to the wheels or flywheel, just timeslips.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
I would say tune is a must. Otherwise why would you bother doing the mod and not getting all you can out of it with a tune. Not just any tune either. Mine is specific for the needswings mani's from lots of dyno's on Rob's part. I can only give you 1/4 mile times and 60' times. That's all that matters to me. I'll report back once I get the mani's and get into the 11's. So far I've been averaging 12.0's everytime out to the track since I've got the tune. Best 60' is 1.74. No dyno's as I don't care how much power is to the wheels or flywheel, just timeslips.

FinaLLY, SOMEONE is making sense!! I too only care about HOW quick and fast I get through those lights!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:13 PM

Crossfire SRT6
Guys, I got my 240 modded intakes the other day. Here are some pics of them. I installed them with the C3 6mm phenolics and the SL55 intake on my SRT6. Everything fit perfectly. Unfortunately when I was putting the intake back on I found that that dang gasket/line pipe between the throttle body and SC was coming apart(see pic). So I cant get to the track or dyno to give you the results yet. I have a replacement part on order. I did get the LET tune done for this new mod that Jerry did for 240. I have a 181mm LET pulley also.
Attached Thumbnails 240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds available! Gain +32HP, +25TQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-mod-d-manifolds-installed2.jpg   240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds available! Gain +32HP, +25TQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-mod-d-manifolds-installed3.jpg   240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds available! Gain +32HP, +25TQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-mod-d-manifolds-installed4.jpg   240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds available! Gain +32HP, +25TQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-tb-scgasket1.jpg  
Old 10-22-2008, 10:08 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Mike is going to join the 11 sec club real soon. Or he promised to come to AZ and let me drive it in the 11's.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
240M3SRT,

First don’t get me wrong. I really appreciate all information that you provide on your Modified Manifold Specification. I do not say yours doesn’t work as you have all the dynos to back it up. I just tell my experience and share what I have. I truly thought it would work based on the (simplified) theory “more air more power”. That was why I had this modification. However, it doesn’t behave the same on my car (for some reasons). But It may behave good on others with ECU tune (since I don’t have a tune I don’t know)

I attach a pic of my modified manifold. Sorry, I did not want to take the Y split out since code3 intake makes the Y tight and harder to put it back.

I also have a gtech graph for the two similar run. Please the purpose is just for comparison between the two runs (before and after)

CLK

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Maybe your copy of my design wasnt quite as accurate as what you had hoped for.

Can you please provide pictures of your "version"...?
Attached Thumbnails 240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds available! Gain +32HP, +25TQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-modified_manifold.jpg   240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds available! Gain +32HP, +25TQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-modified_manifold_dyno.jpg  
Old 10-23-2008, 12:35 AM

srt 6 chrysler crossfire
240 does indeed make a great product from a stock application but no one can argue how beautiful Rob's intake manifolds look and the new gaskets at a steal of a price. http://www.needswings.com/ProductDet...?productID=621

Last edited by SRT6; 10-23-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:54 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by CLKCLK
240M3SRT,

First don’t get me wrong. I really appreciate all information that you provide on your Modified Manifold Specification. I do not say yours doesn’t work as you have all the dynos to back it up. I just tell my experience and share what I have. I truly thought it would work based on the (simplified) theory “more air more power”. That was why I had this modification. However, it doesn’t behave the same on my car (for some reasons). But It may behave good on others with ECU tune (since I don’t have a tune I don’t know)

I attach a pic of my modified manifold. Sorry, I did not want to take the Y split out since code3 intake makes the Y tight and harder to put it back.

I also have a gtech graph for the two similar run. Please the purpose is just for comparison between the two runs (before and after)

CLK
Nice welds
Old 10-23-2008, 01:56 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by SRT6
240 does indeed make a great product from a stock application but no one can argue how beautiful Rob's intake manifolds look and the new gaskets at a steal of a price. http://www.needswings.com/ProductDet...?productID=621

]
Yes those are so pretty can't wait to get them and take the all motor title before MD lowers it again.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:58 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
We installed a set of Needswings manifolds on a car and without a tune they actually lost power. With a tune is where you will see the gains.

And LET has one for the application.
Bump for Anthony. Still would like to know.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:19 AM

03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
Nice welds
Thanks!
Old 10-23-2008, 09:28 AM

CL 600
Originally Posted by CLKCLK

CLK
I want to make sure i understand this correctly. The graph you posted is from a Gtech pro, not a real dyno...correct?

Which run is the run with the moddified manifolds. Im guessing its the red one.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:35 AM

CL 600
Thanks for the link to gaskets that would compliment my modified intake manifolds wonderfully.

Those Needswings manifolds are indeed nice, and have a nice $1500-$1600 pricetag too, as per post #461 in this link:
http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...=19961&page=24

For that price i believe you could have my modified manifolds, a tune of your choice, NW gaskets, and a little cash leftover to put towards spacers or an intake....oh and +32whp and 25wtq

Last edited by 240M3SRT; 10-23-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:49 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
do you have any numbers from an already decently modded car?
Old 10-23-2008, 09:58 AM

CL 600
Originally Posted by loungn14
do you have any numbers from an already decently modded car?
The numbers that i obtained were from my car which i would consider decently modded(see SIG). Is that what you meant?
Old 10-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
Bump for Anthony. Still would like to know.
Distantpulse.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:10 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
Distantpulse.
Actually he gained from using them. Here is why. His best ever was a 12.205 with these (NeedsWings Intake) (ASP 178mm pulley) (LET Custom Tune) (LET Heat Exchanger) (LET Phenolic Spacers) (Johnson IC Pump).

That day he ran a 12.27 with everything above and adding the needswings mani's.

Here's what you didn't mention. He was the only one running the NW mani's with a LET tune. The other two in the 11's were from InMotion. So one would assume the tune is the difference, but worse was for some unknown reason to you or anyone else his LET tune went back to factory settings. So he basically was running no tune, and still managed 12.27. My InMotion tune was good for .50 off my time(12.52 to 12.02). Lets just say the LET tune is equal to that. With no tune and adding the mani's he managed to stay within .07 of his personal best.

I don't see where you think there was no gain with or without a tune for the mani's. Was the tune going back to factory inaccurate information from Distantpulse?

Also I might add these are for the SRT6 or SLK32 only. Sorry not for C32's. That's where 240 will help you guys out.

Last edited by cruzinquick; 10-23-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
[

Also I might add these are for the SRT6 or SLK32 only. Sorry not for C32's. That's where 240 will help you guys out.[/QUOTE]

Based upon the photos, I do NOT see how these would fit the firewall area of an intake modded C32. We have little room NOW! With my Code/LET intake, I can't see these fitting?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:56 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Well the NW mani's wouldn't fit your air box setup, but that's not the problem. The research for the best possible numbers were with the NW CAI being used. The CAI won't fit in the C32 so it's like missing one very important piece of the puzzle.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:18 PM

CL 600
Forgive me for not knowing what all air intakes exist for the c32 but can someone post them up.

My manifolds with tune will still gain power over stock but for the full potential you need a free flowing intake. The guy who used a gtech pro above looks like hes running a stock intake. You cant fully benefit from this.

Firewall shots of a c32 would be helpful, or if someone here lives in DFW id like to meet up and take a look. Id be very suprised if i couldnt come up with something....
Old 10-23-2008, 03:57 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Forgive me for not knowing what all air intakes exist for the c32 but can someone post them up.

My manifolds with tune will still gain power over stock but for the full potential you need a free flowing intake. The guy who used a gtech pro above looks like hes running a stock intake. You cant fully benefit from this.

Firewall shots of a c32 would be helpful, or if someone here lives in DFW id like to meet up and take a look. Id be very suprised if i couldnt come up with something....
thats why I was questioning it with the LET or C3 intake...

Its hard enought just getting the sl55 splitter there...
Old 10-23-2008, 04:14 PM

CL 600
Originally Posted by loungn14
thats why I was questioning it with the LET or C3 intake...

Its hard enought just getting the sl55 splitter there...
Is this the intake your referring to? Im pretty sure this is the one Jerry fitted my manifolds with. And Code 3 already verified they fit with his.
Attached Thumbnails 240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds available! Gain +32HP, +25TQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-let-intake.jpg  
Old 10-23-2008, 04:18 PM

srt 6 chrysler crossfire
So guaranteed low 12s/ high 11s with a tune for needswings set up and inmotion... 240 I know your car is just as heavily modified as distantpusles have you had a chance to take it to the track with your mani's and LET tune?

I just want a chart of numbers with a side by side comparison of everything lol. No more endless searching and pages of reading for which size or style pulley is best, which headers are best log style or tube vrp style, which intake needswings, LET, C3 which heat exchanger lower temps C3 or LET, Best tune Inmotion or LET which manifolds Needwings or 240s. Every company has taken the time to do research and plenty of dynos who wants to step up and put this in a graph form that can be made a sticky for all to see and understand??? I would but my excel and power point skills would make you all laugh. Again it might be after the fact with LET not making parts anymore and a possible merger with C3

Actually he gained from using them. Here is why. His best ever was a 12.205 with these (NeedsWings Intake) (ASP 178mm pulley) (LET Custom Tune) (LET Heat Exchanger) (LET Phenolic Spacers) (Johnson IC Pump).

That day he ran a 12.27 with everything above and adding the needswings mani's.

Here's what you didn't mention. He was the only one running the NW mani's with a LET tune. The other two in the 11's were from InMotion. So one would assume the tune is the difference, but worse was for some unknown reason to you or anyone else his LET tune went back to factory settings. So he basically was running no tune, and still managed 12.27. My InMotion tune was good for .50 off my time(12.52 to 12.02). Lets just say the LET tune is equal to that. With no tune and adding the mani's he managed to stay within .07 of his personal best.

I don't see where you think there was no gain with or without a tune for the mani's. Was the tune going back to factory inaccurate information from Distantpulse?

Also I might add these are for the SRT6 or SLK32 only. Sorry not for C32's. That's where 240 will help you guys out.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:03 PM

CL 600
So guaranteed low 12s/ high 11s with a tune for needswings set up and inmotion... 240 I know your car is just as heavily modified as distantpusles have you had a chance to take it to the track with your mani's and LET tune?

I just want a chart of numbers with a side by side comparison of everything lol. No more endless searching and pages of reading for which size or style pulley is best, which headers are best log style or tube vrp style, which intake needswings, LET, C3 which heat exchanger lower temps C3 or LET, Best tune Inmotion or LET which manifolds Needwings or 240s. Every company has taken the time to do research and plenty of dynos who wants to step up and put this in a graph form that can be made a sticky for all to see and understand??? I would but my excel and power point skills would make you all laugh. Again it might be after the fact with LET not making parts anymore and a possible merger with C3
I have not had a chance to go to the track and its killing me. Our track is closed ALL season except for the top fuel cars. Well, with the exception of one Sunday i hope i can make next month...

I think we all want a chart like that lol unfortunately that chart is made by members who buy and test these products...

Ill let ya' know my results when i get my VRP headers on.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:22 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
My signature has my graph. I'll be adding more to it once I get the mani's on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 240M3SRT's moddified intake manifolds available! Gain +32HP, +25TQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!