C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Argos Installation for C32 with Bose/Comand

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
Argos Installation for C32 with Bose/Comand

I am trying to install the Argos in my car and are having some problems. I figured I should ask the C32 crowd specifically because it seems the regular W203 may not have the same setup as our bose systems.

I took my trunk apart and was able to connect the argos to the 25 pin connector. However, it seems like I have a few choices when it comes to the fiber optic cable. There is one cable that's unlabeled and it's a 90 degree plug. SOUND1 fiber optic cable seems to be connected to the Bose amp. There is also a SOUND2 fiber optic cable that's not connected to anything. So I used the one that wasn't labeled.

According to the manual I am suppose to "daisy chain" the cables however there seems to be so many cable. Below the trunk plastic there is a Sound1/Radio Cable, Sound2 In/Sound2 Out Cable, SBS In / SBS Out Cable, and a regular telephone fiber optic cable. The telephone fiber optic cable is a single cable with a straight plug at the end.

The manual says I am suppose to remove that cable that's looping into itself and connect the fiber optic coming from the comand to this looping cable.

I am not really sure which one since none of the looped cables are labeled "telephone".

Any ideas? I know a lot of you have installed this.

I also added Fuse 13/16 to the fuse box already but right now I am still getting a Tel Error.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
I use to have the same Argos system but my car had the cheesy MB telephone in it so the fiber cable was readily available to me but let me try a little research and hopefully I can answer you a little later ok.