Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
Sprintbooster gone bad???

Hey guys,

I bought an AMG - Sprintbooster from a member on this site about a month ago and it seems to have gone bad...

Anyone had one of these go out on them. I press the gas peddle and it feels like the car is sleeping. I can floor it and I get nothing... It slowly speeds up, but it takes a while to get up to speed. It even threw a check engine light.

When I remove it, problem is gone.

Any thoughts?

Do they have a warranty? Hate to see this money go up in smoke.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2009, 04:39 PM

C 55
The only time I have had the condition you describe is when my TPS was going bad.

TPS throttle position sensor. It is possible that by using the SB you have worn out the leading portion of the pedal sensor, but seeing as you only had a month I would say its doubtful but possible. I had a new one installed for 450$ or so dollars.

You could always reinstall it and try and ECU reset.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 C55 AMG
Thanks for the info.

But wouldnt I still experience the same issue, if it was the TPS, when I removed the Sprintbooster?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:47 PM

C 55
Yes absolutely, but when mine went out it was sporadic. Maybe when you removed the SB it temporarily fixed what was causing the problem.

When I took my old one apart it was quite dirty. Perhaps a can of compressed air would help dislodge any dirt or dust that might be causing this problem.

Again I am really just guessing. But when mine started going bad I could push it to the floor and the RPMS would just creep up slowly at other times it functioned as normal. It even changed from light to light at its worst point.... Frustrating to say the least....

Good luck, please let me know what it was when you get it fixed....