C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Dead Battery - could Seat Control Module dying cause issue with Dome light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 C32, 03 ML55
Dead Battery - could Seat Control Module dying cause issue with Dome light

My battery is dead. I have disconnected my driver side seat control module some time ago. Now I am getting dead battery again. I noticed my command fan was running continuously and have since disconnected my passenger side seat control module by researching here on forum. Fan inside the command / radio unit now runs and shuts off as expected.

New issue is that there is a 'sound' (really soft whir) coming from my dome light cluster. I to use my stethoscope to determine it is definitely my dome light (area). I have pulled the #9 fuse which drives the dome light (part number 203-820-14-01) so that my battery doesnt continue to drain.

Does anyone know if there is a fan or small motor up there? Would it 'buzz' / 'whir' if it was going bad? Could a bad 'relay' (which one?) be causing this - perhaps as a result of the seat control module? I have searched and found some interesting threads but nothing specific to this issue.

How hard is it to pull the dome light housing and check for loose wires? I found some pics but does anyone have some pics of the internals or diagrams? Could a bulb be the problem? All the bulbs light up and everything in the overhead dome light area seems to work (front overhead dome lights / rear dome light / sunroof ).

Would / could this new dome light issue and the battery draining due to the seat control module failing cause funky bits with dome light cluster?

There are four connectors on the passenger side seat control module. I have the one closest to the door disconnected. What are the other three connected to?

Going from door to console -
1) black largest [rectanglar] (recently disconnected)
2) then small yellow -
3) another small yellow -
4) then black [almost square] - is this the seat heater?

Anyone else bump into this issue?
Attached Thumbnails Dead Battery - could Seat Control Module dying cause issue with Dome light-dome_light_c32_beige.jpg   Dead Battery - could Seat Control Module dying cause issue with Dome light-dome_light_c32_beige_top-box.jpg   Dead Battery - could Seat Control Module dying cause issue with Dome light-dome_light_c32_beige_top.jpg  
Old 02-15-2009, 09:55 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
yup, happened to me. Had the drivers side control module and the overhead go out at the same time. SUX
Old 02-15-2009, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
yeah i think topgun32 had the same issue with the over head draining power. you should PM him or just search for his thread.

the battery draining issue on the seat modules, you can fix with a relay or switch. its on my sig.

Last edited by TemjinX2; 02-15-2009 at 11:40 PM.