C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Smoke Side Mirror Blinkers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 C32 AMG
Smoke Side Mirror Blinkers

Is there anyone here that has the smoke side mirror blinkers? I have the smoke side markers and I was wondering if there are smoke side mirror blinkers around or available for purchase. I think that would look good in our cars.

If some did a DIY please pass the info. I'm interested of doing it on my car.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:34 PM

05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by C32AMGSC
Is there anyone here that has the smoke side mirror blinkers? I have the smoke side markers and I was wondering if there are smoke side mirror blinkers around or available for purchase. I think that would look good in our cars.

If some did a DIY please pass the info. I'm interested of doing it on my car.
I had my paint guy paint mine. Ill have to ask him exactly how he gets the effect, I assume just a few layers of black paint . They look body color but the light is still very visible when flashing.

Last edited by thegreatfnr; 03-17-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:41 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 AMG C43
Do have any larger pictures of how the smoked side markers look? Id assume they are the ones from ebay. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2009, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 C55
You can smoke your own or have any decent body shop do it for you. There are a number of DIY's on the internet. A lot of the 996 911 guys were doing it on their taillights. You might try a search on 6speedonline.com or just google it. Your best bet is to have a body shop do them for you though so you get a good professional result the first time around rather than taking a few tries to get it right. I think it would look great on the black car.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55 AMG, 2010 VW GTI (Stage 1)
i have my side markers painted body color, and mine's silver - with a good paint job with clear coat, you shouldn't be able to see the light... except the paint has come off mine a bit and I need to get them repainted.

on a related note, does anyone know the part # for the side markers? one of mine is chipped and I figure I may as well order a new one and get that painted...

thanks!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:59 PM

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Mr. Special
Do have any larger pictures of how the smoked side markers look? Id assume they are the ones from ebay. Thanks!
Yeah I bought them on ebay. I am surprise how good of a quality they are. Same quality as the OEM part except it's smoke color.

I think I'm going to smoke my tail lights and blinkers when I get to it. Would complete the look. I don't want to completely murder out my car. But will probably change the emblems too to smoke color. I saw a picture from a member, he has a silver C32 with smoke emblems and it looks tight. Goes well with the cf front lip and cf rear spoiler he has on.

I'll take a larger picture of the smoke side markers and post them here sometime this week.