Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
I got a pic coming up in a sec
Old 04-18-2009, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by jturkel
i honestly dont know. that dyno i posted is all i have. I dont know where i could get them. Not sure if somehow Wayne has them from tuning my car of if dynocomp has it on their computer as that is where my tune was done.
You should absolutely be able to know the resultant AFR's from your custom dyno tune - the data existed when the car was tuned - I'm actually somewhat surprised it wasn't printed on your graph - but sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. Dyno-Comp should have the data from your pulls stored - if they weren't given to you, and Dyno-Comp's computer has since crashed and the data is lost... well that would just be Murphy's Law, wouldn't it?

If that unlikely scenario turns out to be true, I think you should request scheduling another set of pulls with AFR - and they should either be free or steeply discounted. Hooleyboy speaks very highly of the shop and owner, so I doubt this would be a problem.

The alternative would be to install a datalogging solution with a wideband - this would likely be at least a couple hundred bucks, but gives you immensely more information both now and into the future.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Here is an old pic of my air fuel back in the day. Generally it should kinda look like this. Its ok if you are a bit lean at the beginning of the pull but it should come down into the 12's

Old 04-18-2009, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
No - your AFR should be under 13:1, mid-12's is probably ideal, some even are in the high 11's.

If you're running a 185 and the resulting boost it produces, 14.x:1 AFR's are way too lean (IMHO).
1+

agreed
Old 04-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
You should absolutely be able to know the resultant AFR's from your custom dyno tune - the data existed when the car was tuned - I'm actually somewhat surprised it wasn't printed on your graph - but sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. Dyno-Comp should have the data from your pulls stored - if they weren't given to you, and Dyno-Comp's computer has since crashed and the data is lost... well that would just be Murphy's Law, wouldn't it?

If that unlikely scenario turns out to be true, I think you should request scheduling another set of pulls with AFR - and they should either be free or steeply discounted. Hooleyboy speaks very highly of the shop and owner, so I doubt this would be a problem.

The alternative would be to install a datalogging solution with a wideband - this would likely be at least a couple hundred bucks, but gives you immensely more information both now and into the future.
When a print out is given on this machine it can only show 2 items at once. Example: HP and TQ, HP and A/F, TQ and A/F, Boost and HP, Boost and A/F, etc... on combo of two items can be shown for printing but no more. However you can show many different graphs and long at only two subject items are being used. Im most cases a separate paper is printed with A/F results. My picture is a perfect example. It only shows HP and A/F. To show torque i would have to remove one of the two items and replace it with the other
Old 04-18-2009, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
I need to scan my most recent ones and post them. I was getting ready to package them off and send to Jerry with my ECU but I'll get a pic first for comparison. I had a brain fart and was equating higher number = rich, lower number = lean. Bassackwards....
Old 04-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
I need to scan my most recent ones and post them. I was getting ready to package them off and send to Jerry with my ECU but I'll get a pic first for comparison. I had a brain fart and was equating higher number = rich, lower number = lean. Bassackwards....
Post up your graphs, Remember this is a pic of a MAF A/F. MAP A/F can look a bit different in the beginning of the run but they all should come down to the same area even if your in the 11's slightly thats ok too. Personally I would rather be a tough on the fat side then the lean side as long as its not pig rich.