C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Aftermarket Rim Suggestions. Mesh with small lip.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
Aftermarket Rim Suggestions. Mesh with small lip.

Helllo guys,
My name is Nim Divino, this is my very first post, and I hope you can help me out.

Quick story: I'm doing as a favor for my friend and he has a 2005 C55. A month ago, he gave the front and rear passenger side rims some curb rashes. No biggie, I know a perfect place that will refinish the wheels. However, we found out that the driver side front wheel has a crack and needs a new rim.

My automotive background is japanese imports. I have an NSX which is my pride and joy, a G35, and just recently, I sold my smog-legal supercharged AE86 corolla. Most wheel manufacturers I like are japanese brands but I'm afraid to suggest these wheels because I'm not sure if japanese wheels may not be "accepted" in the euro tuning world.

I am having a hard-time looking for wheels, so I'm hoping you guys could lead me to the right direction. What I'm looking for are mesh wheels with little to no lip. A perfect example are the BBS LM wheels.

I've asked how much for the LMs but unfortunately, my buddy will not spend that much.

So, if you were to buy rims for your C55, what mesh wheels with little no lip would you buy with a budget say $4500 with tires? I am looking for 18s or 19s. My buddy prefers 18 so he can use his tires, but I have a feeling he may not be able to use the stock wheel size anyway. And besides it should be pretty easy to sell the tires.

And is it normally accepted to install japanese wheels on a euro car such as Volks, Works, Advans, etc?

I'm going to browse the used section when I'm done here, I just wanted to introduce myself and get opinions from you all.

Thank you so much..

niM
Old 04-14-2009, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Welcome Nim!

This thread from the regular W203 forum is a great place to start.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/253761-w203-cl203-aftermarket-wheel-thread-all-you-want-know.html

Good Luck!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
hey nim,

get him some Work VS-XX's and call it a day. mesh style and small lip, right? it's perfectly fine to me; i myself are going to put these on:

it's all bout personal preference, and i really do prefer japanese rims over european ones.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:13 PM

2005 C55 AMG
Gramma_Benz:
Hey thanks for the link. I saw that before and I saw some wheels in there that I like such as the HRE 441R. I know HREs are very popular but I never really looked into them. All I know is that they are quite expensive. haha..

Mu9enx:
You read my mind.. Last night, I saw a set of VS-XX in the used section, was ready to PM the guy then I saw the dreaded "SOLD" in his last post.. WAAAAAH..

That's a nice TE37 time-attack you got there. I love those wheels. I got a TE37 on the G35, powder-coated it dark bronze because I didn't like the stock te37 bronze.

Thanks guys.

niM
Old 04-15-2009, 04:48 PM

2005 C55 AMG
Do you guys mind if you can figure out some rims for me.

I like this a lot.. What is it? Is this stock? Although, if my friend likes it, we'll have the same design of rims. haha.

And this..

This is very nice... And its OEM.. It has 25front and 27rear offsets, that's pretty aggressive and I like that.. =) Which car is it from?

And last but not the least

Thank you so much guys for all the help..

niM