C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

IMPORTANT:: Make Sure You Warm Up Your Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
yeah...the hp rating is lower for marketing purposes but it the same as the c32 and slk32 in real life. it probably would've cost them more money to outsource the work to a another plant or site.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
I wouldn't be surprised if AMG had a ton of finished engines, not to mention parts lying around due to the dropoff in sales for the C32 and SLK32 in 04.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
well in 04 there were only 400 or so C32's and I cant imagine much more SLK32's unless secretaries were making a lot more money back then....
Old 04-22-2009, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah with that low of a volume, its not worth it to build it at another plant.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:58 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
There is more to it guys, and we need to cover all our bases before we make accusations ourselves...

All in all, don't run the car hard, thats a given. Did that cause this issue? Perhaps/Perhaps not.

Give us a bit and more data will be released, it is touchy as a vendor on the CF side is involved.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:23 AM

EUROCHARGED SRT6
I am hard on my car...but I do not believe it happened because of being "cold"

Read the thread for updates.....
Old 04-23-2009, 11:04 AM
SPONSOR

Pics and details posted....
Old 04-24-2009, 08:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E55 2005 Crossfire SRT-6
I have seen the engine apart first hand.... and I have seen the DAS readout and I am 100% confident that this was not due to a tuning or lack of fuel issue, but more of a boost leak and a cylinder wash issue. You can actually see where the ring lands failed in person. There is a scored cross section in the cylinder wall. And the remaining pistons have not been pulled yet but its safe to say the compression rings have failed it not the ring lands as well.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Banned

02 C320 Sedan
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
yeah ppl change the oil weight between winter and summer months in the rust belt areas. Southern california doesn't really matter, but i usually keep it at low rpm until the engine temp is mid way anyways.

without reading the whole thread, kinda sounds like a guy who just didnt treat there car well. My ex use to say i treat my car better then her.
Your ex huh my girlfriend is still saying this... LOL i told her to buy a benz then she would know what im talking about..
Old 04-24-2009, 02:00 PM
SPONSOR

yeah ppl change the oil weight between winter and summer months in the rust belt areas. Southern california doesn't really matter, but i usually keep it at low rpm until the engine temp is mid way anyways.

without reading the whole thread, kinda sounds like a guy who just didnt treat there car well. My ex use to say i treat my car better then her.
Given he rides her hard....but this seems to be related to a faulty product from a vendor.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by loungn14
Given he rides her hard....but this seems to be related to a faulty product from a vendor.
well keep us up to date.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by krisv420
Your ex huh my girlfriend is still saying this... LOL i told her to buy a benz then she would know what im talking about..
yeah i told her once, girls come and go but cars will never leave you. Unfortunately i paid for that statement at least for awhile if you know what i mean..lol.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:22 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Edited for the better of the forum and only speculations and assumptions on my part. 185 rules. If you quoted me feel free to erase.

Last edited by cruzinquick; 04-25-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:44 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Edited for the better of the forum and only speculations and assumptions on my part. 185 rules. If you quoted me feel free to erase

Last edited by cruzinquick; 04-25-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:47 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Site updated with doubt. There are more Needswings fans on the SRT board seeing too many questions that make the story a little hard to believe. It's still a good thread to get all the different views.

To sum up alot of reading EC is saying the mani's from needswings were bent when his shop tried to install them on Riots car. After 5 hours (a very long time to scratch your head) of trying factory MB gaskets and silicone to install them after ruining the gaskets that came with the mani's to not have them seal properly causing a boost leak and detonating 2 pistons. This is a job that I was able to do in 45 minutes with little mechanical experience. Don't doubt my driving ability, just mechanical.

Also they were trying to install them with phenolic spacers that may or may not have matched up properly. Either way you can not use stock gaskets for these mani's. A custom set of cork/rubber ones were made by NW and tested to hold upwards of 30 plus lbs of boost. Each set of mani's are tested again before leaving needswings. I've had mine on and off 3 separate times and was able to get a proper seal each time.

So with silicone to help seal the gaskets EC had the car taken next door to LET(isn't that the vendor next door?, my apologies if it is not) and proceed to run the car on the dyno to see gains. One pull according to EC and something is definately wrong with car. Upon opening motor two pistons looked slightly used.

What do you guys think on here? Let's see hooley has seen my mani's in person. Do you think if I had a boost leak I would blow out two pistons like that. Ask Dyno-Comp if you have a boost leak is your pistons going to taste the same? It's a very real concern that I feel all of us would like proof so we can avoid.

Fried Onions from Riot's car

EC had already installed and LET tuned ImportLab's NW mani's and custom dyno tuned. So a baseline tune was available. After realizing the part was not right and not having the right gaskets to proceed, it should have been called a day and send the product back. No dyno, no nothing. Still proceeding on the dyno was an error in judgement and giving a motor to a client for free seems like a make up call.

I at least like the fact that Riot posted here "I am hard on my car...but I do not believe it happened because of being "cold". We didn't buy that either.

On the CF forum we are worried and shocked because that is the first SRT6 casualty. EC posted on the CF he has C32's in the shop right now with motor issues. I'm curious were they running a 185 to?

dude your too much....

Ok last time

Car was running the same tune and 185 for over a year. The car was dyno'd 2 weeks prior and AFR was averaging 13.8

Manis were installed in about 30 minutes

Car was started and seemed fine

We drove to dyno next door

We did a pull. It was ok, but seemed lacking

Did another pull and shutdown half throu as gasket blew out (apparently this is us ruining the gaskets they came with according to you)

Then we spent time trying to figure it out- as would anyone else

THE MANI WAS NOT DECKED FLAT- We have pictures and rob redecked them. Would you redeck something that doesnt need to be redecked? Rob states that we warped them during install. Can you warm something that is "flat" by placing it on another flat surface? NO

DO WE HAVE ANOTHER CF WITH MOTOR ISSUES? NO- WHERE DO YOU GET THIS STUFF?

Cruzin, while I appreciate your posts, you are doing nothing to help the situation or better the forum on this topic. Please read through the details before posting incorrect data. LET is in our building. FLUID MOTOR UNION is next door. Once again, stop with the assumptions. No the 185 didn't do this. You don't think its quite odd that after running the same tune and parts for over a year, the day that changes (mani's) are made issues come up?
Old 04-25-2009, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i do agree with others though.. EC giving the guy used amg engine while trying to figure out the problem is pretty generous for any vendor. Hope it gets resolved soon.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:10 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Jake I have edited all my posts. I realize it's tough enough to operate in this economy without a shadow hovering. My public apologies. Don't know why I even cared about other member's cars but to each his own. Good luck in the future.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:39 PM

2006 E55 2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Cant we all just get a long?!? We need a big group hug Its not ghey, I swear
Old 04-25-2009, 03:54 PM

2002 C32 ///AMG
isn't it kinda common sense? since all the oil is on the bottom and takes a little time to move up to the top of the engine. I remember even my honda driver manual said drive in low rpm until the engine warms in cold weather.

i'm sure the mercedes manual saids the same thing.
Common sense isn't all that common! I can't recall all the times I have test driven cars at dealerships where the moron salesmen get on it right out of the parking lot....all I think in my mind is "not buying this one".