C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 + Nitrous

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55
C55 + Nitrous

I should be picking up my new C55 here in the next week or so, and i would LOVE to put a 100 shot on it. Only problem is that i can't find any information on it. I searched the board a little to no avail, and was wondering if anyone could possibly help me out with this? Pleeease.. I wanna go fast!
Old 05-16-2009, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
I wouldnt go 100
50 you will be safe

do a search and you'll come across some tibdits about Nitrous and its use in our cars.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:51 PM

2005 C55
You dont think a progressive 100 shot would work? The one where it sprays the nitrous gradually up to the 100 shot instead of just overloading it with nitrous. And you probably know more than me i would just think that if our motors/trannys can handle superchargers, etc. that it would be fine with a 100 shot. I appreciate the input though as i do not know a ton about aftermarket performance upgrades for this car. Thanks!
Old 05-16-2009, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Believe it or not, some have tried a c55 with 50 shot with success, however no will dare try a 50 shot with a c32.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:03 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Believe it or not, some have tried a c55 with 50 shot with success, however no will dare try a 50 shot with a c32.
Don't post stuff like this if you don't know what you're talking about.

Theres many running 75 shots, and a couple guys running 100 shots with no problems. Someone in a SRT6 ran a 125 shot but noticed his transmission started to slip a little on shifts and went back to 75. The C32 AMG transmission is different than the crossfire one, and I would like to think that ours is stronger. This means the motor is proven to hold 500 to the wheels without breaching integrity. And it should because it's forged and handbuilt. Who knows what the limit is though. We can't test it until propl start upgrading their superchargers or going the turbo route.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by Forza1

Theres many running 75 shots, and a couple guys running 100 shots with no problems. Someone in a SRT6 ran a 125 shot but noticed his transmission started to slip a little on shifts and went back to 75. The C32 AMG transmission is different than the crossfire one, and I would like to think that ours is stronger. This means the motor is proven to hold 500 to the wheels without breaching integrity. And it should because it's forged and handbuilt. Who knows what the limit is though. We can't test it until propl start upgrading their superchargers or going the turbo route.

Hey Mr 35 posts, Go play internet police on the scion boards.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...a panty dropper...
Hey Mr 35 posts, Go play internet police on the scion boards.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63

I dont know any C32 with 500whp. Nowing how this board works I'm sure someone will be there soon...

Forged & handbuild??? only some aspects of the AMG motor are forged.

to safely run a 100 shot. its going to come down to a few things. You are going to need to get the air in and out faster than stock. so some intake and exhaust mods should be in order. Then it will all come down to tuning. the tune will have to be spot on.

Nitrous may be cheap HP, but it comes down to install time, tuning, and problem solving, then you have to factor in your out the door cost of a safe setup.

A lot of states don't allow you to run around town with an armed nitrous system or even have the bottle connected when outside of a race track.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:36 PM

Bicycle
I don't think you will be able to run a 100 shot but then again I don't know what I a m talking about. A motor can probably hold 100 shot maybe more maybe less but for how long. Guys talk about 500 horsepower like if it just appears magicly. For Op stick with a 50 shot if you want it to last. The only other idea is trying to dial it in with tuning as close as possible, but then again well you know what I mean. Good luck..
Old 05-17-2009, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by c55asleep?
I don't think you will be able to run a 100 shot but then again I don't know what I a m talking about.
Don't feel bad, I also dont know what I am talking about! I mean I only have 1330 something posts and can you believe........

I dont know what I am talking about!
Old 05-17-2009, 11:03 PM

2005 C55
Originally Posted by c55asleep?
I don't think you will be able to run a 100 shot but then again I don't know what I a m talking about. A motor can probably hold 100 shot maybe more maybe less but for how long. Guys talk about 500 horsepower like if it just appears magicly. For Op stick with a 50 shot if you want it to last. The only other idea is trying to dial it in with tuning as close as possible, but then again well you know what I mean. Good luck..
Well you sure sound like you know what your talking about! Am i mistaken or did someone tell me that you are the one to talk to about nitrous on these cars?
Old 05-17-2009, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Don't feel bad, I also dont know what I am talking about! I mean I only have 1330 something posts and can you believe........

I dont know what I am talking about!
You might be right on the C32 specifically, IDK.

The SRT-6 shares the same motor and tranny as the C32 and SLK32 to the best of my knowledge - Forza claims they're different, but that doesn't mesh with what I've gathered. In any event, one brave soul has run up to a 125 shot through his SRT-6 and has lived to tell the tale - not to mention, holding the SRT-6 dragtimes records on and off of the bottle (with nitrous, ran in the 10's). To be fair, you wouldn't have known about any of that without frequenting crossfire forum on occasion. Some of it is chronicled here:

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...st-500-hp.html
Old 05-17-2009, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Well finally............

Someone who knows what they're talking about!
Old 05-17-2009, 11:10 PM

2005 C55
Thats all great but i dont have a C32.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well finally............

Someone who knows what they're talking about!
LOL.

Originally Posted by DHawk615
Thats all great but i dont have a C32.
True - sorry for the off-topic sidebar. Guess my point is that if the blown V6 in the C32/SLK32/SRT-6 can handle a 125 shot, I would expect the N/A V8 in a C55 *could* handle a 100 shot without significant adverse effects, assuming that proper installation and tuning are handled accordingly.

Highly recommend that if you go the "large shot of nitrous" route, you hook up with a reputable shop that has done similar work and isn't just winging it or R&D'ing it on your car as a test case. Best of luck and keep us posted.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:25 AM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by DHawk615
Well you sure sound like you know what your talking about! Am i mistaken or did someone tell me that you are the one to talk to about nitrous on these cars?

I will try my best but then again I am just a brick installer. Remember that for the most part it can hold 100,125 or even 150 but for how long. I had a Mustang and it had a 125 shot and on top of that it was tuned. But like I said didn't last long. If you got ***** then so be it, but I doubt you will want to melt a piston on this pretty 5.5. Tuning will only get you so far bc these cars are n/a. You can't add power then take off when you spray. It CAN help but only so much. Pretty tuff to pull and add timing with just a flash..... Start with a 50 then see what happens, you might start running out of fuel flow right about 100 shot. I am pretty sure you know but gotta be a wet system. Progressive sounds great but the major problem will be up top. Give it a shot and let us know.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:54 PM

C32 AMG
Moosejaw, you are not your post count. As I scroll back through this thread I can imagine how much your "1300" posts have contributed.

c32AMG-DTM, thank you for posting the link to the person I was referencing. Also, I think the transmissions have slight differences, if they are identical though, the TCU programming is very different. Perhaps its due to the weight difference between the C32 and SRT6.

I think that a 75 shot would be perfectly reliable for everyday use. A 100 shot would also be reliable for occasional use, and lets remember the weak point here is the transmission. Now if someone were to offer built transmissions it would change the playing field entirely. What ever happened to the upgraded torque convertors? I never heard any results after people started buying them.

Whats interesting to me is that he was running very modded and with a 125 shot and NO fuel upgrades. This implies that the stock fuel system will be more than enough until after transmission upgrades are needed. Which leads me to believe that the 185 pulley lean issues are not due to fuel system inadequacies. Hmm
Old 05-18-2009, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Moosejaw, you are not your post count. As I scroll back through this thread I can imagine how much your "1300" posts have contributed.

c32AMG-DTM, thank you for posting the link to the person I was referencing. Also, I think the transmissions have slight differences, if they are identical though, the TCU programming is very different. Perhaps its due to the weight difference between the C32 and SRT6.

I think that a 75 shot would be perfectly reliable for everyday use. A 100 shot would also be reliable for occasional use, and lets remember the weak point here is the transmission. Now if someone were to offer built transmissions it would change the playing field entirely. What ever happened to the upgraded torque convertors? I never heard any results after people started buying them.

Whats interesting to me is that he was running very modded and with a 125 shot and NO fuel upgrades. This implies that the stock fuel system will be more than enough until after transmission upgrades are needed. Which leads me to believe that the 185 pulley lean issues are not due to fuel system inadequacies. Hmm
No worries, happy to assist.

Don't forget - the 125 shot nitrous system in question was/is a wet setup. Bulldogger has all but made certain that the lean-up-top issues that some face is due to stock fuel system shortcomings
Old 05-18-2009, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Southern Hotrod is building MB trannies

They have made a few for the E55's, and one 600 That I know about.

See yeah

LET is currently selling upgraded TC's as I type this
Old 05-18-2009, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Now if someone were to offer built transmissions it would change the playing field entirely.
Check with Vadim. He offers one for the C55. He installed one on my car.

What ever happened to the upgraded torque convertors? I never heard any results after people started buying them.
Got that from Vadim too. Car is coming together nicely. Great prices and great service but timeline is a little on the long side.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
You could have handled your 35th post a lot differently. For starters, "Hey Moose I disagree with your statement, this is what I came across on this other forum" But noooooooooooo....... you had to come off as a high school crossing guard.

You were out of line with your comment "Dont post what I dont know" and let me say way out of line...... I simply gave my advice to someone that just bought his car and asked about installing nitrous. Do you have any idea what it would cost to replace the motor on these cars. I personally dont think a 75-100 shot is a safe idea. Thats my opinion, it's a free world and I dont need you telling me what and what not to post. I wouldn't put nitrous on my daily driver, do i have documentation to back it up, NO! But i listen to professionals and people who have done it before and I'm just relaying that information to a N00b. (no offense)

I dont know anyone with a x-fire, but there many members who have done amazing things with them and have pushed the envelope a lot farther than the AMG crowd.
Simply put I'm not one of those guys...........................and I accept your apology

Last edited by moosejaw; 05-18-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by AMGSC
...Car is coming together nicely. Great prices and great service but timeline is a little on the long side.
You have the patience of Job.
Jazzed at all about getting behind its wheel again? Should pull a ton.

Good luck, Robert.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:05 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
You could have handled your 35th post a lot differently. For starters, "Hey Moose I disagree with your statement, this is what I came across on this other forum" But noooooooooooo....... you had to come off as a high school crossing guard.

You were out of line with your comment "Dont post what I dont know" and let me say way out of line...... I simply gave my advice to someone that just bought his car and asked about installing nitrous. Do you have any idea what it would cost to replace the motor on these cars. I personally dont think a 75-100 shot is a safe idea. Thats my opinion, it's a free world and I dont need you telling me what and what not to post. I wouldn't put nitrous on my daily driver, do i have documentation to back it up, NO! But i listen to professionals and people who have done it before and I'm just relaying that information to a N00b. (no offense)

I dont know anyone with a x-fire, but there many members who have done amazing things with them and have pushed the envelope a lot farther than the AMG crowd.
Simply put I'm not one of those guys...........................and I accept your apology
I think Forza was out of line the way he has only been attacking you in this thread. Moose is right 1300+ post vs 35 posts, there has to be some sort of contribution to the AMG community if you got that many posts.

The way you (Forza1) are coming off to most of us on this forum is rude. You dont want to end up being labeled as something bad on this site otherwise questions you may have about your car wont get answered.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:22 AM

2009 Mini Cooper Clubman S
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I think Forza was out of line the way he has only been attacking you in this thread. Moose is right 1300+ post vs 35 posts, there has to be some sort of contribution to the AMG community if you got that many posts.

The way you (Forza1) are coming off to most of us on this forum is rude. You dont want to end up being labeled as something bad on this site otherwise questions you may have about your car wont get answered.
+1

Completely off topic, but hooley, with all the $ you've dropped into your car, when are you going to get rid of those heavy 19s and get some light wheels, didn't you lose like 15whp?
Old 05-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by willc55
+1

Completely off topic, but hooley, with all the $ you've dropped into your car, when are you going to get rid of those heavy 19s and get some light wheels, didn't you lose like 15whp?

They are 18's and they are heavy. and yes i lost whp when i added them. I got my eye on some BBS RS-GT's. I'm ditching the black rim thing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C55 + Nitrous