C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 air cond acting wonky

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 11:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
C32 air cond acting wonky

Hello,

I went out today, and it was a nice evening with temps in the low 70's so, I opened up the sunroof and windows and cut off the A/C. Then I noticed that the A/C was still on despite the fact that the A/C "off" button was lit red. Hmmm, WTF?? Normally, my car would default to A/C on and traction control on, every time I started the car and I would need to manually turn them off, if I wanted it so. This time, I shut off the car and when I re-started it, the A/C off lite was still glowing red but the cold air was still flowing like crazy. I tried turning it on and then off several times but it was like the control was not really working. Maybe a relay stuck? How does the control work on our air conditioner compressor?

Now, I stopped and restarted the car a 2nd or 3rd time and after that the A/C went off. The last time I started the car, I took the key out of the ignition before repeating the start sequence. That seemed to work. Still, I suspect that I have a relay bad or a connector that is not making good contact or something that is afoul in the A/C control circuit for the manual on/off setting. Any thoughts?

Irish