C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Car's sluggish going up hill??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 C32
Car's sluggish going up hill??

So I've had this problem for a while and i dont know if im just used to the power or if the car just cant go any faster.

The car accelerates fine on level ground but whenever i go uphill the car just doesnt seem to go anywhere. Actually even on level ground whenever it jumps to 4th gear i dont feel much acceleration until i press down more til it downshifts.

On up-slopes I'd have to press down about 3 quarters of the way for the car to downshift then i get some speed going. Still feels like the car struggles though. Cant even get past 160km/h even when i floor it on uphills whereas i remember going up the same hill and be able to hit 180km/h w/out much problems.

A while ago my fuel pump relay shorted out and somehow caused the stock IC pump to die on me. Dont know if this is even related but just want to give as much info as i can.

I thought that it was the IC pump so i upgraded to the CM30 but the problem is still present. I've also tried to ECU "reset" and solved nothing.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:33 PM

Silver 02 C32 & White 05 CLK500
I guess I am not the only one with that problem. I know how you feel. I don't think its the ic pump. at first I thought its the tps sensor, but the car downshifts. Next week I am going to mb so they can do a torque converter /gear adaptation on my car. Sometimes I have to almost floor it to get the car up to speed. When I first bought it, it was very responsive and always had power on tap. Good luck with your fix and please keep us updated.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:15 PM

'03 C32
let me know how it goes! Really want to get this problem out of the way cus i know more will come..........