C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Johnson Pump Issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 Elise (total loss)
Johnson Pump Issues?

Had power loss, replaced the IC pump with a new Johnson pump. Pump works as I can hear it for a few seconds after I turn the car off.

Power issues are still present but a lot better. Car runs fine 90% of the time and then out of nowhere the SC cuts out.

I replaced the fuse under the hood and the one in the trunk and the issue is still there.

Is there a bleeder valve or nipple on the C32 for it's coolant system? What's the process for bleeding a c32 heat exchanger? I bleed the system through the bottle squeezing the air out of the upper rad hose.

I've read about bleeding the E55 Heat Exchanger by running the pump with and external source and a line hooked up to the bleeder.

Is there a similar process for the c32? Any other suggestions as to what my problem might be? I'm lost for ideas!

thanks!

Will
Old 10-31-2009, 08:23 AM

C32AMG.335 e92 fbo.protomotive996 gt2
Originally Posted by dirtyhogan
Had power loss, replaced the IC pump with a new Johnson pump. Pump works as I can hear it for a few seconds after I turn the car off.

Power issues are still present but a lot better. Car runs fine 90% of the time and then out of nowhere the SC cuts out.

I replaced the fuse under the hood and the one in the trunk and the issue is still there.

Is there a bleeder valve or nipple on the C32 for it's coolant system? What's the process for bleeding a c32 heat exchanger? I bleed the system through the bottle squeezing the air out of the upper rad hose.

I've read about bleeding the E55 Heat Exchanger by running the pump with and external source and a line hooked up to the bleeder.

Is there a similar process for the c32? Any other suggestions as to what my problem might be? I'm lost for ideas!

thanks!

Will
Did you check the IC pump relay in the front sam?or the intake air temperature sensor is damaged.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:38 PM

06 Elise (total loss)
Should I just bypass the relay and hardwire it? Is the relay you're talking about the plug right in front of the SC clutch?
Old 10-31-2009, 02:08 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
I just inatalled a cm 30 pump myself and in my rush I did not replace the coolant enough and my low coolant sensor did not kick in. I had power loss durring that test drive and refilled it with coolant when I got home. no prob since then...GL
Old 11-01-2009, 11:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
IC pump

I would still like to hear a more detailed coolant refill & bleed procedure from those who know. My IC pump is due for replacement and I would like to do it myself as long as I know I am doing it right.

Irish
Old 11-01-2009, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
Originally Posted by JG26_Irish
I would still like to hear a more detailed coolant refill & bleed procedure from those who know. My IC pump is due for replacement and I would like to do it myself as long as I know I am doing it right.

Irish
when i did my cm30 replacement i did a complete flush as part of the job . after refilling with 15 qts of 50/50 mix i started the car and brought it up to temp. with the overflow cap opened i put the heater on full heat and ran it for 20 minutes. added what was needed to fill to the top and all was fine. it may take a couple 20 min runs to fully bleed the system