C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Supercharger off to Kleemann - Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 12:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E63s AMG
So decided to send the wheels off to get refinished ; they were looking pretty rough from a year of getting their *** handed to them ... so a little TLC

Same with the brakes and undercarage ... as I am giving them a good cleaning. Here are a few images of some of the hardware up close and personal.

Passenger Side

Brake setup

Rear Brake

Front Brake

Brabus Suspension (shocks and springs)

Needs a good cleaning!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:31 AM

2019 E63s AMG
Oh ya... and the results from the PDF for Winged Warrior 2009 (since the site required you to sign up to view

Representing in Top Gun class - modified high performance class; putting the C55k on the map!

Amazing what a suspension, brakes, sways, proper LSD ; mixed with the power upgrades from kleemann ... hell if i had R compounds that day and maybe a little weight reduction ... it coulda been interesting....

Over a lot of other pieces of machinery I wish some of you could of been there that day ... all of the questions I got like ... "wtf do you got in that thing man!"

One of the video's from the day ... im the second car up ... i think i had a 12.3 @ 116 on this run ... the TA i ran had a 9.70 @ 154

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpERhjLv1kE

Last edited by alumar; 11-05-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:51 PM

2019 E63s AMG
So update ...........

Sent Kleemann Supercharger on Monday (afternoon)

Arrived Kleemann HQ in Colorado Springs Wednesday morning

Cory diagnosed, hit the parts bin, repaired pulley, shaft and bearings; pressure checked supercharger, boxed back up and shipped ALL IN SAME DAY

Its on its way back and will arrive tomorrow.

So Monday to Friday - using ground service .... over 1k miles ... and at an insanely fair price!

Much love Kleemann !!! PICTURES TOMORROW of its arrival...

I am thinking of setting a camera up and doing a time lapse of my friend/mechanic putting it back on ... like a quick 60sec video of the few hours of installation ... what do you guys think?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by alumar
So update ...........

Cory diagnosed, hit the parts bin, repaired pulley, shaft and bearings; pressure checked supercharger, boxed back up and shipped ALL IN SAME DAY

So Monday to Friday - using ground service .... over 1k miles ... and at an insanely fair price!

I am thinking of setting a camera up and doing a time lapse of my friend/mechanic putting it back on ... like a quick 60sec video of the few hours of installation ... what do you guys think?
btw...Did Cory verify the size of your SC? Was it a 2.2 or a 2.0. Both Brandon and Cory told me that there were these 2 sizes for the V8 before they moved over to the Eaton. Maybe you can give him a call to ask again if he did not tell you.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:35 PM

2019 E63s AMG
Originally Posted by AMGSC
btw...Did Cory verify the size of your SC? Was it a 2.2 or a 2.0. Both Brandon and Cory told me that there were these 2 sizes for the V8 before they moved over to the Eaton. Maybe you can give him a call to ask again if he did not tell you.
You have the Generation 2 supercharger, which means it's a 2.0L autorotor. The 1st generation units were 2.2L, and the current SC is an Eaton which is 1.83L. ~ Cory
Old 11-05-2009, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
You have the Generation 2 supercharger, which means it's a 2.0L autorotor. The 1st generation units were 2.2L, and the current SC is an Eaton which is 1.83L. ~ Cory
No I meant YOUR supercharger. They are not sure which one I have because they never inspected it physicallly.

Funny because Cory said the same thing you stated above BUT Brandon told me the opposite. The 2.0 were the Gen 1 that was made for the W210 E55s and the Gen 2s were 2.2 for the newer model 55NA vehicles. However Brandon said that the smaller unit was actually MORE efficient.

Either way, if I can't spin it any faster than 12psi without gains. It's truly up for sale and I will look for a more extreme setup like supersized TTs with a standalone ECU program.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:24 AM

2019 E63s AMG
Originally Posted by AMGSC
No I meant YOUR supercharger. They are not sure which one I have because they never inspected it physicallly.

Funny because Cory said the same thing you stated above BUT Brandon told me the opposite. The 2.0 were the Gen 1 that was made for the W210 E55s and the Gen 2s were 2.2 for the newer model 55NA vehicles. However Brandon said that the smaller unit was actually MORE efficient.

Either way, if I can't spin it any faster than 12psi without gains. It's truly up for sale and I will look for a more extreme setup like supersized TTs with a standalone ECU program.
My supercharger is the 2.0L, that is what he was saying.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
My supercharger is the 2.0L, that is what he was saying.
Now you got me wondering what I have?? I know its an Autorotor, not an Eaton!!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Yeah, sure, I bet you do.
believe him, he said he has never taken his car over 120 which I thought was crazy ;D
Old 11-06-2009, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
So update ...........

Do the vid Mike, I wanna see what's under mine as well

Yes, Cory is a great guy and is super helpful on any issues you may have!!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:03 PM

2019 E63s AMG
From Cory,

The Car and Drive car actually had the same SC you have

No reason to think your car shouldn't be as fast as that C&D car.

The 2.2 didn't really make any measurable gain over the 2.0L- they changed just due to space issues- the 2.2L unit required shaving casting tabs off on the cylinder head in the V of the engine, which easily took 2 hours to do, so it was a change necessitated by space and a reduction in installation time. The also changed the nose-drive system on the 2.0L- the 2.2 used a mechanical water pump for the intercooler which was prone to failure, so they ditched the mechanical pump for the electric pump and a better-designed nose drive system.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
From Cory,

The 2.2 didn't really make any measurable gain over the 2.0L- they changed just due to space issues- the 2.2L unit required shaving casting tabs off on the cylinder head in the V of the engine, which easily took 2 hours to do, so it was a change necessitated by space and a reduction in installation time. The also changed the nose-drive system on the 2.0L- the 2.2 used a mechanical water pump for the intercooler which was prone to failure, so they ditched the mechanical pump for the electric pump and a better-designed nose drive system.
He told me the same thing and is AWARE of some Kleeman S7s that have done about 11.8 in the qtr??? I guess the CD car did high 11s???
Old 11-06-2009, 04:53 PM

2019 E63s AMG
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
He told me the same thing and is AWARE of some Kleeman S7s that have done about 11.8 in the qtr??? I guess the CD car did high 11s???
The C&D car did 12.2 @ 117mph if i recall, which is on the money with my times on street tires.

My fastest trap ever has been 118.3mph *at IRP in indianpolis
My fastest time ever has been 12.10 ET *at US41 in upstate Indy

Both done on Michelin Pilot PS2 Sport on heavy 36LB 19" Lorinsers
Old 11-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Alumar, Im glad all this stuff is getting sorted out for ya. Especially how its gettin sorted out so QUICKLY.

You'll be up and running no time!

btw: the two piece rotors front and rear are bad ***!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From Cory,

Thanks for the excellent update from Cory. I will let you know much efficient boost can be added with a lower CR. If there is no noticeable gain then I would assume the SC is near it's max.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:43 PM

2019 E63s AMG
Originally Posted by TruTaing
Alumar, Im glad all this stuff is getting sorted out for ya. Especially how its gettin sorted out so QUICKLY.

You'll be up and running no time!

btw: the two piece rotors front and rear are bad ***!
Thanks, im cleaning all of the undercarage, shocks, *wheels refinished*, brakes this weekend.

The supercharger show's (fedex) it has ARRIVED today. I am setting up a tripod and goin to do a HD timelapse of the supercharger install. It should be a bad *** video once its completed!
Old 11-07-2009, 02:58 PM

2019 E63s AMG
oh going back to the autocross comment earlier ... found a vid my friend took where he was on the top of the grandstands looking down

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...ann_681458.htm
Old 11-07-2009, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
oh going back to the autocross comment earlier ... found a vid my friend took where he was on the top of the grandstands looking down

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...ann_681458.htm
Loving that run Mike, great job!! makes me long for my old SCCA days!!! The Older I get, the Faster I WAS!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 PM

2019 E63s AMG
*********** UPDATE

Supercharger back on car, going through the hoses and we noticed there was a small vac line not hooked up (looks like it hasnt been in a while actually) ...

Connected (or supposed to be connected to a the part "A 004 153 32 28" (little black part) ... looks like a sensor of some sort. This could be the reason for my previous last few months of running very rich ...

I am going to head out to the stealership tomorrow and see if they have it in stock... Should be operational tomorrow. I will be hitting up a dyno shortly after!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:13 PM

2005 E55
Thanks, im cleaning all of the undercarage, shocks, *wheels refinished*, brakes this weekend.

The supercharger show's (fedex) it has ARRIVED today. I am setting up a tripod and goin to do a HD timelapse of the supercharger install. It should be a bad *** video once its completed!
Cool idea. I'm really looking forward to this.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:23 PM

2019 E63s AMG
video processing
Old 11-10-2009, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
video processing
anxiously awaiting!!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:30 PM

2019 E63s AMG
Houston, we have a problem....

Cylinder 5 reports a misfire ... Engine is running very rough...

Checked all the coil packs and front driverside pack had no effect when unplugged... so we figured it was a bad coilpack ... Got a new one and no change, took to dealer had them test the injector harness and coilpack plugs; all checked out ok with correct current.

They went ahead and did a compression check on all cylinders (all 176 lb)

We are left with 2 possible issues

* Bad injector - gets in tomorrow

* Bent rod - causing the piston not to end up flush (which you would think it would have a compression problem if that was the case)

The saga contiunes