C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Ground Hum / noise on Aux Input

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55
Ground Hum / noise on Aux Input

I have noise on the aux input of my C55.

I just installed the Griffin Adapter below...
http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Techno...p_ob_e_title_2

Basically, the 12v power adapter has a female 1/8" mini stero jack built into it that wires to the MB female 1/8" mini stero aux input. In addition, the 12v power adapter has the proprietary apple cable for music & power to the ipod.

This adapter worked fine with no noise in my previous vehicle.

The noise can be heard between tracks, when music is paused/stopped, and also during "quiet" songs or "quiet" parts of songs.

I tested the connection without using the 12v power adapter by runing the MB 1/8" AUX mini stero jack directly to the ipod and the noise is gone.

So it seems that bypassing the 12v adapter in the front cigarette lighter removes the noise.

Once I plug in the 12v power adapter & then plug it into the ipod the noise starts.

I'm not totally sold its a ground hum as the noise does not seem to change with RPM.

Any ideas out there from MBWorld?

I'm stumped.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55 AMG
I do not know if this will help. I had the same problem with my SUV. When I tryed charging my mp3 player with the cig lighter I received the feedback. Luckly my SUV has a standard plug in it also so I tryed that with no feedback. I am guessing the amount/type of juice going through cig lighter can cause some players feedback.