C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Cabin air filter question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55 AMG White/Ash
Cabin air filter question

I just bought a new German made Micronair cabin air filter. It is not the charcoal activated style one. The one in the housing above the battery is an OEM MB filter (also made by Micronair) but is the charcoal activated type. Has anyone noticed any difference at all between the two types or is it just one of those things that doesn't matter. I did do a search and never found the answer to this.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
I was under the impression that there was actually two separate cabin air filters. The one above the battery is a paper filter which I believe is used in normal operation and the other (less accessible) filter is the charcoal filter only used when you engage that feature. I could be wrong, but that was my impression.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55 AMG White/Ash
Originally Posted by 02C32guy
I was under the impression that there was actually two separate cabin air filters. The one above the battery is a paper filter which I believe is used in normal operation and the other (less accessible) filter is the charcoal filter only used when you engage that feature. I could be wrong, but that was my impression.
There are actually three filters, two charcoal side by side in the heater box under the dash and the one dust/pollen filter in the housing above the battery. The one in the housing above the battery can be either a charcoal activated (like what's in mine now) or a non charcoal like I bought. I was just wondering if there is any noticable difference.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Phil C55
There are actually three filters, two charcoal side by side in the heater box under the dash and the one dust/pollen filter in the housing above the battery. The one in the housing above the battery can be either a charcoal activated (like what's in mine now) or a non charcoal like I bought. I was just wondering if there is any noticable difference.
Yeah, after rereading your post, that's what I thought you might be saying. Good question though, I'd be interested in the answer as well.