C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

random alarm.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2009 | 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a car that can't do the throttle reset.
random alarm.

about a week ago my alarm started going off at random. It was impossible to turn off. Then after that day it was fine for a few days.. then its come back again for a day then gone again.

Some research says if the door checks, that notify the car if the door is open or closed, are out of place that this can occur. I checked them, and they all appear fine.

Also thought possibly battery, but I have had no issues starting or running the car at all.

Any ideas??
Old 12-21-2009 | 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
I had this happen to me as well our tech said something had most likely gotten wet and I did just happen to get my car detailed. It never came back after the car dried out though. His first guess was the door contact switches, but you said you checked them out. He also said the siren could have been going out.
Old 12-21-2009 | 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
I had this problem and continue to have this problem. When I had the problem fixed they said it was the horn. I had the horn replaced and it seemd to work normally for a few months, unfotunately by then I was already out of warranty.

So I cannot even lock my doors with out the alarm going off, some times the alarm well not even sound just have my front fog lights blink. It's even run my battery down, so I can't set the alarm at night or my car won't start.

I bought a new horn and plan on installing it shortly, but I have a couple of other problems that I need to take care of first. I'll let you know if this fixes the problem, but I have a feeling that it won't.
Old 12-21-2009 | 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JonMBZ
I had this happen to me as well our tech said something had most likely gotten wet and I did just happen to get my car detailed. It never came back after the car dried out though. His first guess was the door contact switches, but you said you checked them out. He also said the siren could have been going out.
Thanks for the input. I heard the wet theory too... and it made sense at first cause it had rained the night before initially. BUt since then it definitely dried out. Every time it came back since, no wet weather at all that could have triggered.

Siren? Interesting. Thanks. Its weird. I can't disarm the noise and with it the rear lights keep flashing, and the fogs stay on.. and sometimes interior light goes on too.
Old 12-21-2009 | 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by loudandheard
I had this problem and continue to have this problem. When I had the problem fixed they said it was the horn. I had the horn replaced and it seemd to work normally for a few months, unfotunately by then I was already out of warranty.

So I cannot even lock my doors with out the alarm going off, some times the alarm well not even sound just have my front fog lights blink. It's even run my battery down, so I can't set the alarm at night or my car won't start.

I bought a new horn and plan on installing it shortly, but I have a couple of other problems that I need to take care of first. I'll let you know if this fixes the problem, but I have a feeling that it won't.
I think we have identical issues. I have that with the lights as well. If I find something, which I should if this continues, I will definitely post and share whatever I find.