C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Help requested please.....P0105

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crossfire SRT6
I just had a very similar incident with my SRT6... it had been sitting in the garage for several weeks and when I went to start it the battery was dead(different story). After recharging the battery the car started fine but had a lopeing idle....1100rpm to 700rpm.

While I was trouble shooting the signals to the ECU, I had to pull the C3 connectors out of the housing (to get to the pins) and plug it back in. Everything measured fine and when I fired it up, it ran perfectly. No more lope, nothing.

I am guessing that something in the TB or ECU got confused when the battery went dead, or I had developed a bad connection/contact... I know, it dosent make sense.

Glad you got it running well.... it is worrying when these things just 'go away'.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:39 PM

2004 Capri Blue C32
Originally Posted by MikeR
I just had a very similar incident with my SRT6... it had been sitting in the garage for several weeks and when I went to start it the battery was dead(different story). After recharging the battery the car started fine but had a lopeing idle....1100rpm to 700rpm.

While I was trouble shooting the signals to the ECU, I had to pull the C3 connectors out of the housing (to get to the pins) and plug it back in. Everything measured fine and when I fired it up, it ran perfectly. No more lope, nothing.

I am guessing that something in the TB or ECU got confused when the battery went dead, or I had developed a bad connection/contact... I know, it dosent make sense.

Glad you got it running well.... it is worrying when these things just 'go away'.
I think you jinxed me!! My car is running, but it's doing exactly what you say yours did - loping. It seems to be between 900 and 1200, just looking at the RPM needle. Sometimes it also shoots up to 2000 and sits there, which I also don't understand.

I'll try reseating the ECU connectors and see if that works. Any ideas why it might want to idle at 2000 sometimes?
Old 02-09-2010, 03:47 PM

2004 Capri Blue C32
Fixed.....!?

Just thought I'd give an update on my situation. The car is now running fine, and actually feels stronger than before I started having problems.

For the P0105, I replaced the MAP sensor (and IAT sensor while I was there). I blew brake cleaner and air through the hard vacuum tubes under the supercharger, and unplugged/reset the TB. The problem has not returned.

For the loping idle and high idle, I had a leak at my intake gaskets. I installed the cork gaskets from NW and I must have tightened them too much, causing the leak. I reinstalled the OEM gaskets and both problems are gone. I reset the throttle response and the car feels better and stronger now.

Thanks to all for your input and assistance!
Old 11-27-2015, 05:24 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Jayitx, I just read through this whole thread because I have the exact same problem as you did . . . rough idle at start up, strong smell of unburnt fuel, seems like the engine is not getting enough air. It doesn't always throw a CEL or trouble code. If I feather the throttle and get it warmed up a bit, it starts to run perfectly (until the next time I start it up then same issue. When it DOES throw a CEL and trouble code it's the P0105 code (Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Malfunction). So you you know what you finally did to fix your problem??