C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

SL55 intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
thats the c3 fitler for the c32. you remove the backing plate off of the intake and install the filter. i built one bigger than that for under 25$

Last edited by 320 dreamer; 01-15-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by FrankW
my normal logic tells me that the whatever air volume that's pushed through the airbox when the car gets going will end up being pushed out of the opening with the C3 setup. maybe on a hotter day it would let hot air escape lol
My normal logic tells me air (like water) would travel the path of least resistance....the open TB and SC sucking it all in. Does the C3 style draw in some under hood air? Yeah. Enough to make a difference? None that has been proven.
Bang for the buck, you cannot beat a C3 intake (or cheap DIY version) with larger intake tubes up front. I would love to be proven wrong and see something that shows the same (or higher) gains, has as good of a sound, and has as good throttle response for less $$.

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 01-16-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:01 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
My normal logic tells me air (like water) would travel the path of least resistance....the open TB and SC sucking it all in. Does the C3 style draw in some under hood air? Yeah. Enough to make a difference? None that has been proven.
Bang for the buck, you cannot beat a C3 intake (or cheap DIY version) with larger intake tubes up front. I would love to be proven wrong and see something that shows the same (or higher) gains, has as good of a sound, and has as good throttle response for less $$.
then you do not want to know how much my entire airbox with BMC was.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
your entire engine bay is one of the best sealed units around. from the small grill opening crowded by intalkes and radiator to the sealed rear lip of the hood to the belly pan used for areodynamics the only air going in is random turbulent hot air in the engine bay.
the dyno tests posted by the old c3 site were for pulley AND filter with no mods to the tubes.
i run full 3" tubes into gutted airboxes with k&n fiters and needswings devil horns. when i put the c3 style filter on i lost power , removed them and power was recovered. the smooth flow of cold air wins period
Old 01-16-2010, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
agreed in terms of bang for your buck its probably the best deal. Granted the sl55 intake will yield more power but its also $300.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK55 AMG
were can i find the whole sl55 setup, splitter and all?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...a panty dropper...
Originally Posted by c32kompressor
were can i find the whole sl55 setup, splitter and all?
Parts.com or get lucky in the classifieds